Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm just scared

Question I'm just scared

I went to the dentist today because I never got my dental work finished. My tooth has been killing me its just a shell of a tooth because I never got it filled and I needed a crown. Well I never did get it done and I went today and thought I could get it done but no. My tooth is broken really infected and decaying. Which probably explains why I've been feeling so sick. But the thing is, they gave me an antibiotic clyndamycin and told me it can make me really n* and I have to take it 4 times a day. Has anyone taken this? I know I have to but I'm scared. And how can you reduce antibiotic induced sickness?

Default Re: I'm just scared

Take it with food, even if it's just toast or crackers, that will help it settle in your stomach. Eat lots of yogurt or take a probiotic supplement - BUT make sure to eat (or swallow) it a good 2 hours after the antibiotic dose because the antibiotic will wipe everything out of your gut. By eating the yogurt or taking the supplement, it will replenish the "good" bacteria & help ward off unwanted side effects like d* which is common with antibiotics.

As for the fear of n*, I usually tell my dr. that I'm very sensitive to meds (which is true) + I have IBS so they always try to give me the least harsh antibiotic out of whatever choices they have. I usually end up on Amoxicillin which I didn't have a problem with the last time I took it.

Well I've taken 3 so far and my stomach feels a little off but I always feel like that. I too am sensitive to medicine but I have some antibiotic allergies and some just don't work for me. I appreciate the info but it's hard because I don't eat that frequently and when I do I sometimes forget my meds. I bought the culturelle probiotic pills a few weeks ago do you think those are good? I simply just cannot eat yogurt it groses me out so bad. But thanks I hope it doesn't go bad, because last time it was infected I didn't take my pills right so after they did my dental work the infection just seemed to get worse.

Now it hit me. I tried to eat but when I did I didn't feel better. I've taken all I can for my stomach, but nothing has helped yet. I think I'll call the dentist in the morning and see if I can take something else for this or if I might be able to pass on antibiotics. This is just horrible.

I hope you feel better! Try asking the dentist if there are any antiemets you can take while on the painkiller... that helps me! If not, I recommend drinking cool water and distracting yourself... Hope it passes!

I felt alright when I woke up, I just stayed in bed as long as I could. But last night I felt so horrible. I called the dentist and they haven't called me back yet. I took another pill but I'm just freaked out about it. I know I need to take something for it because I don't want the infection to get worse. I'm not sure how bad it is. I'm not swollen or anything it just hurts when I get food trapped in my tooth. I hope I will be ok.

Take the pills. You're doing fine. They need to clear out the infection before they can work on your tooth. You've made it a lot worse for yourself by delaying the treatment. Now you probably need root canal, which on top of being no fun, costs a lot of money. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know I made it worse. It was a filling that came out I then got it replaced but it came out again but then got infected. I went and got a root canal and all I had at the time was a dental discount thing so to complete the dental work with the insurance we had was around 1,600. They didn't do payments so I couldn't get it finished. Now it's worse than before it doesn't seem as bad as the first time. But now we have no dental insurance at all so I have to pay cash for all this and I have to get it pulled on Thursday morning.