Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Woke up from a dead sleep and scared :(

I went to bed at around 11:30pm. I just had my first day of work yesterday, it was an 8 hour shift and I was really exhausted and tired from it. I sort of felt crappy yesterday but ate dinner anyways. (I tend to feel sort of nauseous when I'm over tired, and I'm on a new birth control so it could be that too). So anyways; went to bed at 11:30, and just now woke up at around 2:45 from a dead sleep and can't seem to fall back asleep. My nerves feel insane and I'm having a panic attack. I don't usually wake up in the middle of the night, and one time I woke up like this and ended up throwing up several hours later for some reason so now I always link the 2 together. I do know that I was having a dream when I woke up about getting a text that my dad got food poisoning so I woke up and it seemed real so I immediately checked my phone to see if it was really there, but it wasn't. So that kind of freaked me out and could be the reason I'm up. But I can't seem to calm and convince myself that it's nothing. I have my second day of work tomorrow also, so I could be slightly nervous for that. I don't know, I'm just scared i guess. I hate when I wake up in the middle of the night now. Do you think it's just psychological? Are my nerves just causing me to have some insomnia? I'm scared

Default Re: Woke up from a dead sleep and scared :(

omg i feel you there! once like 5 years ago i woke up at 5 with horrible stomach issues, and ended up being sick like 45 minutes later. so now, every time i wake up then, or at all during the night i automatically put it together and the emetophobia thoughts swirl around my head. but if you could get it under control (which obvi you did since im repling like 12 hours later) but anyway, for next time just think positive! there are many reasons you could have woken without it being the stomach flu. i usually just get some water and deep breathe and watch some tv. i wake up all the time and havent done "it" since that time 5 years ago! and im only 14 so for me it was a pretty long while... stay strong!

I feel the exact same as you guys! I also get terrified if I randomly wake up in the night because I link s* with waking up during sleep. If I wake up, I take deep breaths and try to get back to sleep ASAP. !!

same here! i always just try to get back to sleep! its so easy to let your mind go on overdrive in the middle of the night but i try not to.

Same thing just happened to me, I woke up 1.25am and just cant go back to sleep. Im getting more and more anxious and the n* isnt going plus Ive got to get in in 4 hours to go to work. Help!!!