Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Not a panic post, can a virus travel?

My Bro-inlaw is coming to visit us today. He will be here in an hour. He lives 12 hrs away in PA. My nephew, not his kid, was sick all last week and was taken back to the ER yesterday for fluids. My Bro-inlaw visited their house when the child was still very ill. He said that he saw him and he looked awful. So that means he got close to him. My bro in law hasnt had any symptoms that i know of but he was in their house. I think he was there on Monday or Tuesday. I dont think he went back after that but i could be wrong, they all live so close. Anyway, i know it sounds crazy but could he be bringing the virus to my house? I have little kids too and dont want them to catch anything. Kids seem more susceptible and so even though the bro in law hasnt shown symptoms could be be carrying it and pass it on to my kids?
    Oh and the illness cause him to V every 15 to 20 minutes for the first 24 hrs of it. No D. Could it be something other than a virus? He has a brother 6 yrs older than him and he hasnt caught it yet and they only have 1 bathroom. SO the whole family was using it. The parents arent sick yet either. this is day 6 so i figured if they were going to get it they would have come down with it by now right?

Default Re: Not a panic post, can a virus travel?

It's hard to tell if it's a virus or not. Sometimes only 1 person in the whole house would get sick, and sometimes everyone does. It's all on hygiene. A virus could make you v* all day with no d*, or the opposite. If it's been 6 days then most of the family is in the clear as I believe it's 72 hours from ingestion. I'm sure you brother-in-law is fine.

thank you. I am stressing myself out about this. Gonna have some tea and try to relax for the evening.

It can be difficult to tell. It may be a virus or it may not. It could be food poisoning as well. Though food poisoning is contagious. I think you will be fine as long as you wash your hands!
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
    It's hard to tell if it's a virus or not. Sometimes only 1 person in the whole house would get sick, and sometimes everyone does. It's all on hygiene. A virus could make you v* all day with no d*, or the opposite. If it's been 6 days then most of the family is in the clear as I believe it's 72 hours from ingestion. I'm sure you brother-in-law is fine.
    Just wanted to say, it's not really "all on hygiene." I know many, many people who are dilligent about cleaning with bleach, washing their hands, keeping sick people isolated in their house, etc., and still caught it. Your immune system plays a HUGE roll in it as well! I know people who take no precautions and don't catch it either. To say it's all on hygiene implies that those who do catch is are not clean, and that's wrong.

Kristinak: while I do agree with you that it's not "ALL" on hygiene BUT I believe that the more diligent you are about your hygiene the less risk you run of getting sick, and the more you take care of your immune system the less risk you run of getting sick & of course we all get sick but I believe those with good hygiene along with a good immune system are more likely to not suffer severe symptoms ...

100 percent agreed. Your OP said "it's all on hygiene." I was just making a clarification