Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling so bad, and upset because of it. :(

I'm a mess, and I can't seem to calm down. I haven't been this bad in a long time, and I know it's because I have 100 things going on but I can't calm down.

It started last Tuesday when I came down with flu. Terrible aches, pains, throat problems, stomach ache, temperature, and I'm now left with the most ANNOYING and chesty cough you can ask for. I haven't been able to lay down in bed for nearly a week because I start coughing so bad I'm near to g*gging.

Then, I go back to work Monday (only for a couple of hours, turns out I wasn't well enough to come back in and couldn't manage it) and I find out there's a s* bug going around work. Great. It doesn't help that there's 5 guys at work who live together and it's started there, so of course, it's spreading. There were so many people off ill this past week due to that or this flu that I seemed to have.

I went back to work Wednesday and everyone was talking about it, it was HORRIBLE. I mean, my manager was talking about it, and the people who had been off were sharing details... it drove me mad.

So I've started taking probiotics and vitamin c effervescent drinks to try and calm me.

Except tonight, I feel awful. I went out to the coast today which was lovely, to try get some fresh air and clear my cough. I had a stomach ache on and off (nothing unusual though) and came back and felt MEGA tired. I'm kind of thinking that was normal too considering how ill I've been and then doing a lot of walking today.

I ate some tea fine, but I've just finished watching a film and I went to the loo and I had slight d*. I've had really bad gas and pains to go with it, and I feel really n*, and the coughing doesn't help because I can't keep still. Plus the 'production' from the cough is at the back of my throat and it's making me feel awful.

I don't know what to do. I'm scared that I'm ill, so I could have caught the bug at work from a weakened immune system. I feel knackered and scared, and completelt out of control. Any advice?

Default Re: Feeling so bad, and upset because of it. :(

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad -
    I'm no expert, but this sounds more like anxiety than an sv*. Flu symptoms do stay around for a while afterward, and I remember that freaking me out too last time I had it. And gas/IBS can cause nausea... I think you'll be fine! PM me if you need to, I'm glad to help. Feel better!!

Default Re: Feeling so bad, and upset because of it. :(

Thank you for your reply. Luckily, I haven't been to the bathroom anymore, but I'm going to try sleep while I'm shattered, maybe it will do me some good. Thanks for your advice, means a lot xx