Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Just started new medication and getting confused

Sorry for my daily posts. I just started Mirtazapine after 2 months just staring at the bottle. Problem is, I am getting confused and I feel slightly... out of person. Nausea is faint but I have Phenergan I've taken. I'm like, getting so frustrated that I can't keep, I don't know, I'm getting confused and I'm going to lose it!! What the helll, Tjis pill is the fucking devil!

Default Re: Just started new medication and getting confused

Don't forget, it could be your anxiety that's making you feel strange. Don't give up on it yet!

Hey, i took mirtazapine a few years back and the first few doses i took totally sedated me. This is normal as it is sometimes prescribed for short term use to people who cant sleep. I was told this by a doctor at work so i trust it to be accurate. I remember feeling like i was drunk about 45 mins after taking it then floating into a peaceful sleep. It was just the next day when i was too tired to get out of bed and felt like my legs wouldn't work that i was unsure if i could continue to take it. I did have a sick note for that week so i perservered and i started to feel fine after about 4 days. It may be worth giving it a shot especially if your anxiety is really bad. Let me know how you get on!
    Take care.

This morning I did NOT want to get up at all... My legs were so weak lol. I'll see what happens tonight