Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question may sound stupid but i seriously dont know... is sv* airborne?

i see everyone on here say "it only is contagious after someone has v*ed and it is in their saliva" but others say to me "its contagious through the air and on surfaces even before their sick when they have the germ". i'd really like some clarification! i always get out of the house when someone catches it in here, but what about playing/sharing food/touching before they even v*? someone please give me your expertise lol

Default Re: may sound stupid but i seriously dont know... is sv* airborne?

It's not a stupid question! It can be referred to as airborne because when someone v*s, particles can be released into the air and therefore be breathed-in/swallowed by people who are very nearby. But it is not in the breath of someone with an sv* or a cough or sneeze. You cannot catch it just by being in the same room as an ill person. Before the person v*s, they may be shedding viral particles in their stool when they go to the toilet. But as long as they wash their hands after using the toilet, like everyone should do, that isn't a problem. I hope this puts your mind at rest a bit xxx

oh thanks! thats good to hear

That response just made me feel so much better myself! I just posted about this because I am a pre school teacher and a child in my class didn't come to school today because him and his mom are both sick with an apparent SV as of early this morning(personally I think it's food poisoning but whatever lol ) I wasn't sure if because he was in my classroom yesterday, I would get sick. He wasn't showing symptoms or anything yesterday, but I still was worried. I disinfect all the time and I am always washing my hands but I still freak out. I am so thankful for this post! (I'll still worry but it is comforting)