Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Little help please!

So I was in a shop today and a woman who was serving me handled some stuff I was touching etc then an hour later I had to pop back someone else was serving me and then I heard the word s*** and the original woman comes in and says he is covered in s*** back there! I told him not to come (referred to a young boy) if he was feeling sick still picked up a plastic back and then shuffles off back in to the rear of the shop!

So I went home and bleached my keys, inside of my car, hands and had a shower but I am still freaking out!!!!!

do you think I could haave got it from the kid vomiting and her walking in after being in the same room as him while he was sick?

Default Re: Little help please!

anybody out there?

Default Re: Little help please!

Most likely, so long as you did not touch your face before washing your hands after coming in contact with the woman, I think you should be fine.

This is what I read online:

If you are caring for or have come into contact with someone who has stomach
    flu then it's a good idea to start taking a natural remedy for stomach flu right
    away, before you become ill yourself. This could shave hours or even days off
    the symptoms as your immune system is boosted and able to help your body recover
    more quickly. While this isn't a natural remedy, taking a dose of painkillers
    once every four to 6 hours can help too, even if you aren't in pain. What this
    does is it stops your body trying to fight things like stomach cramps or a
    running temperature when it should be fighting the cause of them: the virus. It
    essentially allows it to concentrate on what is most important.
    Other natural remedies include eating pumpkin seeds, which provide you with
    energy but also soothe the stomach very effectively. If you still have a
    sensitive stomach but are hungry then try pumpkin seeds as a snack, dry crackers
    to fill you up, burnt toast to soak up any toxins/remainders of the virus you
    have in your stomach and/or plain boiled rice which is easy to digest and also
    absorbent like toast.

Remedies/Prevention:
    Take ginger, for example. This 100% natural remedy for stomach flu works to
    soothe and settle the stomach, easing nausea and stomach cramps if you have
    them. You can have ginger in ginger ale or beer (carbonated drinks sometimes
    settle the stomach and allow you to burp), in the crystallized form, raw in a
    smoothie or in ginger tea (which is often the best remedy). Ginger is also a
    natural antioxidant that will clear your system and allow your body to
    concentrate on ridding itself of the virus.

Other antioxidants include all kinds of berry. It's a great idea to make a
    juice or smoothie with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
    and/or goji berries in it. Raw beetroot is also a good antioxidant and natural
    remedy for stomach flu that when mixed with ginger and carrot, tastes great.
    Goji berries in particular also give your body's immune system a much needed
    boost.

Drink lots of fluids if you can like water, fresh cranberry juice or tea with lemon too!

There is also a homeopathic treatment called this: Oscillococcinum it is a Homeopathic medicine that you can get a WalMart or at Walgreen’s also at a health food store.

I'm sorry for the late reply! I hope this helps!