Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default allergies and a sinus infection

so in mid april i got what the doctor said was a sinus infection, but i have had those before and i didnt feel like thats what it was. they put me on antibiotics which made me feel horrible, so after finishing 5 days of that my ears were still popping and i still felt off balance. i have gone to three doctors since then, who have said its my sinuses and it should clear up. i have to take sudafed and a nasal spray every day, but the head ache from my sinuses has come back in the last few weeks (which was what i had before the infection) but i have no other symptoms. i was wondering if anyone on here has allergy problems like this or has had the ear popping and dizziness i have been having and how long it took to go away... its making my anxiety worse every time i take a pill im scared i will v* and when im dizzy im scared of being n* so i have a anxiety attack

Default Re: allergies and a sinus infection

Sorry you're going through this.....how are you feeling now? Did you continue taking the meds?

i started taking claritan which has sudafed in it and it makes the dizzyness go away most of the day, but it comes back in the evening i think cause its a 12 hour and im tired. im being referred to a ent for it, hopefully it will go away. the anxiety is still there tho

I do get allergies sometimes...they other day I had a horrible attack but all it gave me was a horrible headache. I knew it was an allergy headache because it took forever to go away.

As far as your sinuses go try getting some nasal spray that helps. Feel better soon! Also over the counter stuff like Zyrtec works well.

yeah, they are horrible!
    i had to stop taking the sudafed, cause it made me really anxious but the nose spray seems to be helping a bit
    thanks for the advice

I had the same thing in April. It lasted for a month. I eventually went to the doctor who prescribed a nasal spray and an allergy pill. It didn't help 100% but I think the spray worked the best. I went off the allergy pill and took Advil cold and sinus which helped a ton with the sinus and took the headaches away. Great stuff! Hope you feel better. I started again today, been sneezing since 6am.