Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Continue nausea, keep taking medicine, but nothing seems to be working

I'm really freaking out right now and I just need to reach out before it gets worse. I'm just at that point where I can feel the anxiety starting to envelope me, and it's the scariest thing, I can't make it stop. I've taken Gravol and Peptobismol and Ibuprofen. I have peppermint tea, and mints, and water, and gingerale. I even have saltine crackers but I can't bring myself to eat them.
    It's just since last night there's been this weird pressure on my stomach, like I can't breathe in deep, it just stops. And this feeling just makes my stomach uneasy and nauseous and I feel it rise up into my throat and just make me so frightened. It'll calm down a little bit, but then I'll still feel it, like I need to v*, and nothing seems to be making it go away and I'm afraid it never will and I'll just continuously feel like this.
    I couldn't sleep until four in the morning last night and I'm trying so hard to be positive now but it's immobilizing, I can't feel anything else, the feeling is a constant reminder of my phobia and anxiety and I can't handle it. I really just feel like I can't handle this anymore.

Default Re: Continue nausea, keep taking medicine, but nothing seems to be working

agh I'm super sorry to double post but I just need to write. It's not going away and it'll die down a little but then come back up, and it's the most nerve-wracking situation.

Default Re: Continue nausea, keep taking medicine, but nothing seems to be working

I hope you are feeling better by now. That is an awful feeling. It could have started as indigestion and your anxiety is probably making it worse. Try going somewhere dark and cool, distract yourself, go take a walk, call someone, anything to get your mind off it. It's amazing how our mind can convince us we are sick even if we are not. I hope you are doing ok

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thankyou so much!! Unfortunately it's still lasting. It's gone down quite a lot, but the put in my stomach is still there. I feel like I probably have to eat or something, but when I put food in my mouth I just start to feel sick again with anxiety. :C I'm talking to friends though and trying to remain positive. I wish I could distract myself easier, it just stays in the back of my head and I KNOW it's there.

Keep your chin up. It was probably indigestion, but with anxiety it is making it worse. I know when I get like this, I will talk to friends and walk around if I can. Or just keep your mind off of it (if you can) by watching a movie or book or something. Good luck!!!

I'm sorry that you're feeling like this. I completely understand the feeling, I always freak out when it happens to me. Keep talking to your friends or try and watch a movie. If you have ginger tea or mint tea maybe try to drink a cup? Both ginger and mint settle your stomach, and you will also be putting something in there
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thankyou both!! <333 I went for a walk and I started to cheer up at least. My stomach is feeling so, so hollow and sick right now though. Like I feel like I need to eat, but every time I put something in my mouth I get anxious and nauseous.

Sorry to hear this too honey. When i get like this i tend to go into overdrive and do things! Such and talk like a crazy women to who evers in the house or force myself to go for a bikeride. For me, most of my nausia is anxiety but unfortunately i suffer with anxiety so its a vicious circle but you dont the right thing. No one really understand how this can affect you and your daily life because it certainly ruins mine. Although on the outside yourd probably never know becase i am so chatty and smiley. If anyone wants to chat by email, please pm me! I am happy to talk to anyone xx

Sounds like gas and your anxiety combo. I feel like that a lot, and sometimes my belly visibly swells. I always call my dad when I feel like that. He doesn't help, but talking to someone does. I would take something for your anxiety and some kind of gas relief. When your in panic you swallow more air which makes it worse.

Sorry I hope you feel better.

Thank you both <33 I'm sorry for drudging up this whole dead thread again, but I'm feeling very much the same as I did the time that I wrote this and it's good to have some support, reading all of the replies again and whatnot. It sucks right now because I feel sooo tired but I know I won't be able to sleep with this pain in my stomach...