Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I feel like crap

It's been a while since I have posted on her. I have been feeling better lately (and thats a good thing!), but tonight is a rough night. I had D* tonight and I don't know why. I have done a pretty good job about not panicking until I woke up feeling terrible 10 minutes ago. IDK, it feels like my food is having a hard time getting digested in my wonderful stomach. There is a lot of rumbling and gurgling going on and some heartburn. I am really thirsty right now but am unsure of putting anything into my belly right now.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: I feel like crap

I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like indigestion. I use Gaviscon when I feel like that. That and I will lay on my left side. It helps with digestion as gravity will kick in.

What is graviscon? what does it do/help with? Because I sure am feeling terrible again. N* again and a burning feeling in my stomach. No D* yet, but it feels like there could be. No one else around me is having these problems. I starting to wonder if it is just my IBS acting up again. Maybe pacing around my house will get things moving. *sigh* wish i didn't have to feel like this.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

IBS is totally sucky! I have it too. Gaviscon is the best thing for indigestion/gas/bloating/sour stomach. It is like Tums or Mylanta, but much better. It actually is better for you. It takes a few times to get used to it as it is a foamer. You start to chew and it will start to foam. Not bad or anything, but it just is weird at first. I have the cherry flavor and it is better than the mint. Then after you chew two to four of them, you drink some water. It will then basically seal your stomach. It is what I reach for with burping, bloating and heartburn. All of those things will cause my stomach to hurt/be upset. I am sorry that you are feeling crappy still. Do you have mints? I know that walking around with mints helps. Try to keep your mind off of it. I feel (and have been told once or twice) burping and pass gas means things are moving. That burning I would think is heartburn. If I were you and you are up for it, go to the drugstore or Walmart or something and get some. You will find it in the Antacid section! Good luck!!