Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy high school :/ i just need some reassurance..

hi guys, so im in the 8th grade and school is about to end (HALLELUJAH, WORST YEAR EVER!!) im so happy for summer. but anyway, next year i go to high school. for the past 3 years, my school has been 3 minutes up the street from me and my grandparents house, and they are always home to be able to come get me when i have anxiety at school, which is usually 3-4 times a month. however, next year the school im zoned for is 15 minutes away way out there, and my grandparents will not be able to come as often due to it being father away and their old age. my mom works 45 minutes away and my dad doesn't live in the state so my gp are my only option. i REALLY dont wanna spend my whole summer worrying about what I will do in high school :/ . im going to CBT and im on prozac, and im upping my dose soon. do you think i will be okay by then? and do you think that maybe i could make it BETTER since i wont have the option to go home all the time? any opinions welcomed oh btw my fear isn't of necessarily throwing up, just throwing up IN PUBLIC or in front of people. so that's why school, mall, and theme parks and more have become an issue for me. im afraid it will just happen, especially since im SO nauseous all the time, i feel like i won't know and ill throw up in class.....

Default Re: high school :/ i just need some reassurance..

Hi! I'm just finishing ninth grade now.
    I think high school - though I was dreading it - actually helped me a bit. I liked that there was more freedom, between classes etc, and I didn't feel as trapped. Does anyone else in your school know about your emet? You might be able to speak to some teacher or counselor that will give you a pass to leave class when you need. That's what I do
    Also, if you talk to the teachers about it, theyll give you permission to drink water in class or take breaks every so often if you need them.
    I hope you have a good time - high school's not half bad!

I'm sure you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about. I'm 25 year old pre school teacher now but when I was in High School, I never personally witnessed anyone getting sick in front of me. I understand your anxiety completely but I can promise you, it gets better in high school. Think of it this way, soon enough, you'll be driving or have friends that drive.. and you can leave school yourself. Have your doctor write up a note that will go to your counselor, teachers and your principle, so they know the situation, and can help you with a solution if you feel as though you need to leave. Also, talk to your doctor about being prescribed Zofran, it's anti vomiting medication and if you ever feel anxiety, you can take one and will feel a MILLION times better. I promise you, it gets better.

thank you guys, you are giving me a little hope here yeah i really hope it does get better then middle school was the worst!

Middle School is the WORST, for SOOOOOOOO many reasons other than just anxiety. It's a hard time in everyones life and you couldn't pay me enough to go back. It gets better from High School on

I'm ending 8th grade right now too... i felt very safe at middle school because i had lots of support, but all of that support will be gone when i go to high school so im scared too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.