Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Stupid anxiety logic!

So I'm currently sick with a bad cold. My main symptom is an AWFUL sore throat (it's not strep though, thank God). For whatever reason, I get more panicked and nauseous when my throat hurts as opposed to when I have the worst stomach ache in the world? I don't know, but that seems really odd. I hate this phobia. I woke up at 1AM all panicked because my throat was killing me and I was having waves of nausea, it was awful. Finally fell back asleep at 3, woke up at 7, repeated, woke up at 11, repeated. Colds take the life out of me, I hate them!! And I always end up getting a sinus infection afterward. Grrr!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Stupid anxiety logic!

Aw, Kailyn, I'm sorry you're not well. I know how you feel. Whenever someone has the flu or even a cold, I get a little anxious about it. Rest if you can, keep warm. I hope you feel better really soon.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You poor thing.....being sick in any way sucks. I actually feel relief when/if I catch a cold or throat infection. In my warped way of thinking, if stuffs going around and I catch the old then that means I won't get the SV*. Don't know where that logic came from and its more than likely not accurate, I guess I'm just weird
    Drink some OJ, rest lots and feel better!!!!

Jmoore, I have similar ways of thinking at times. If I've already had one vomit related experience in a day, no matter how minuscule, my mind thinks I can't have another one. >_<
    Come visit my history blog:

Get well! I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Sometimes anxiety can make you feel sick to your stomach.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope: