Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Feel incredibly ill :(

Hi,

So it's my Birthday today which kinda sucks that I am feeling so horrid . . . . woke up at 7am this morning and felt like I had indegestion , so sat up in bed and got some air through the window.
    Then it started to get worse , pains in my stomach , stomach rumbling like crazy , extreme nausea and also feel really light headed and dizzy . . . . I have had to go to the toilet 3 times and have felt like I am just going to vomit any second for the past 4 hours , I have taken 10mg of Prochlorperazine , but it has not done that much.

I didn't eat anything dodgy and I am pretty sure this is a stomach virus!! . . . . I am beyond panicking , cant eat and cant drink and have brushed my teeth about 100 times to try and help the nausea . . . .

What do I do ?? Should I go to the hospital and ask to have an injection to prevent me from vomiting ?? I am so scared and I have the family and friends coming round later for my Birthday and I just wanted to have one really nice day , but it's not going to happen.

If anyone has any idea's of what I can do / take to help , I am open to just about anything.

Thank you .

xxxx

Default Re: Feel incredibly ill :(

Is at all possible that it could be anxiety...if so or if not in the us you can get emetrol OTC and take it as much as u need. I'll be praying for u my birthday was Friday and I felt yucky all weekend up until yesterday

Yes it is possible , I have just taken a sedative and I hope it will calm me down or send me to sleep , I think I am just in a state , ate a slice of dry toast and sipping sprite .... so will just have to see how I go ....so fed up with this nausea , but hope it will pass soon.
    Thanks for your support and despite feeling rough , I hope you had a lovely Birthday
    xx

That sounds like a mixture of anxiety and hunger. Sometimes it's really difficult to differentiate between hunger and feeling ill, but I think you're probably just nervous about your birthday - I always start to feel ill around the time of mine (: Try to relax a bit, and convince yourself that it's not a stomach virus. Happy Birthday - you will be fine!

I know this is late but did you start feeling better!?

Hi ,
    Sorry for late reply , I really only started to feel a bit better yesterday evening , not sure what it was but just kept up with the prochlorperazine and brushing my teeth and somehow got through it, feel very sleep deprived and weak now though and very dizzy....

Thank you for your support
    Sam
    xx