Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sitting on the edge.... Just waiting for it to happen..

I'm new to this website and am so glad I have found it. I like most on here am emetophobic and am scared to death. It's invading my life and effects everything I do.. I have a son who is 5 years old and this fear was t as intense until he was born. Stomach virus season is the absolutely worst!! I sit on the edge of my seat just waiting for him to start puking all over the place.. If he does get it and he does v* I actually handle it well! It's the whole apprehension and the inevitable.... In my head I think that he's going to get it... It's just a matter of when. I clean with bleach, try and avoid public places in "peak" season, what what I feed him or drink for fear or what it will look like when it comes up! Because you know, it's inevitable that it will happen, right?? I hate this feeling!! Here in southeast Ohio it's almost June and a virus is going around here?? What? This is supposed to be my "off" season!! I don't want to worry, I don't want to cry, I don't want to take meds! I want to feel normal and I'm tired of sitting on he edge of my seat.... Waiting.... Help!!!

Default Re: Sitting on the edge.... Just waiting for it to happen..

And a side note, it's only the stomach flu!!! If someone v* because of heat, or drinking too much, or nerves, I'm ok with that because it isn't contagious!!! Crazy, I know... I'm alone!!

Your not alone! I feel the same way. I have a 2 1/2 year old and was doing great till we all got sick this winter. For a few months after i dreaded the night waiting for it to happen again, but now im getting better. I dont obsess as much. I keep telling myself if it happens i will deal with it. Try to stay strong.
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell - oscar wilde

you're not alone.....again...lol.....only the sv freaks me out.....i can handle being drunk sick or any other sick as long as it's not contagious
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've never been alone dear. We all have our "That is the worst!" parts of this phobia and "that's not so bad" parts. It varies up for every single one of us. I too live in Ohio, and all we have going around here is pink eye, or whatever bacteria/virus is causing it. My guess is strep, or the hand,foot, & mouth, which both of my children contracted.
    I haven't heard of intestinal viruses since around February and March. Just remind yourself how well you do when it does happen. I stock up on supplies (medicine, pedialyte, towels, sheets, etc) when I know a virus is running rampant. It always puts my mind at ease.
    Poor dear.. just keep in mind, you're a momma, you're superwoman by default.
    Life is so worth living.

I'm the same way with my three yr old I cry n panic not being able to help her and when she is v* I stay up all night in the corner of my bed I know it's so hard and hard on her.every day or night I ask is this going to be the night that she will v* again,will I be able to cope, every night I think did I feed her anything that can make her sick, I worry and I want to end this and live life like a normal person too,live life like a normal mother but yes we're mothers and we have to learn how to cope with this for the rest of our lives..

Need.help.now,

Yes, emetophobia can be scary. But, if you take the right precautions you can avoid getting sick! For example, washing your hands is a big one. Even if your child got sick you can still avoid getting sick yourself which is the nice thing! I am sorry you are having a difficult time with your emetophobia
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope: