Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sleep aid?

Question Sleep aid?

Has anyone taken OTC sleep aide for nights when their anxiety is really bad. I know tonight I could sure use some help. I can't take regular anxiety meds because they increase my serotonin too much and I end up with serotonin syndrome. My anxiety is mostly bad at night, and I'm usually panicking over nothing. So I was wondering if anyone else takes a sleep aid for nights like I'm having now.

Default Re: Sleep aid?

I take a Benadryl when I'm having a night like you describe. I feel a little groggy the next day, but the anxiety goes away, and it's non habit forming. For longer assistance sleeping at night, try Melatonin.

I use a sleep hypnosis app by Andrew Johnson called Deep Sleep. If you're open to trying new things, I highly recommend it! I did find music used to help me as well, or sleeping on the couch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try melatonin.. it is something your body already has in store. But this is infused with other herbs to help you sleep naturally without the groggy dry mouth after effects.
    Life is so worth living.

Ibuprofen PM for me. It was always effective and didn't leave me feeling "druggy" either. But I would go ahead with melatonin; too much ibuprofen can lead to gastrointestinal damage. Or, if you want a drug free solution, try watching an enjoyable movie or read a book, that's what I do now instead of sleep aides.