Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Advice? Not sure what to do...

hi! Just wondering if anyone who's been in this situation has any ideas.

I'm currently taking an art class - outside of my highschool classes, and really not very academic and school-like in any way. However, no one there knows about my emet. I know I'd find it MUCH easier to have allowances like I do in normal school... but my art teacher, Marcel Franquelin, is not the type of guy who will understand "anxiety disorder", and I get the feeling that trying to talk to him about it would not end well. *shiver* He sees fear as weakness.

Should I give it a shot and hope for the best or keep quiet and tough it out? I don't think anyone else in the class has anything similar... and at the moment I just take a lot of bathroom breaks...

Ideas?

Default Re: Advice? Not sure what to do...

If you're having issues in public you need to see a Doctor because this can't run your life.

I would mention it to him, but I know that most places like that require doctor notification.

It sounds like he is the kind of person who may require a doctor's 'notary'. You can mention it but it may not change anything too soon. He might give you an ultimatum or he might surprisingly be reasonable. Whatever the case, as the above poster said, you cannot let it run your everyday because if you let it, it will. I wish you only the best in your journey (hug).
    Life is so worth living.

The worst that can happen is your teacher may have a negative attitude. However, it doesn't hurt to tell him. Sometimes it is good to let your teacher, professor, or instructor know that you have some sort of disorder or illness. I would see a therapist or a psychiatrist though if you have not done that yet.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks everyone! I figure it can't hurt anything to tell him. I do see a therapist every so often, but not as much lately. Thanks again for the support!