Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Have I been exposed?

I'm feeling awful right now!

I was at my friends all day looking after him as he was very low and suicidal (it schizoaffective) in the evening he just casually told me that moring he had overdosed, taken 28 prozac and 28 abilify. He refused to go hospital but said he felt a bit sick.

This mornig I was getting ready to go to his and he text me to say 'Ive just had bad heartburn and been s* dont come over will text you to see how i am after i eat'
    Text me after he ate and said 'now Ive got d*'

So I didnt go and see him, after he ate and it settled he has been fine no s* no d* and feels 100%.

Was it likely to be a sv* or from the od yesterday, if it was a sv* have I been exposed?!

Default Re: Have I been exposed?

I think it is probably his body dealing with all the stuff he took! You are a great friend to be there for him.

Even if it was a small virus, you weren't there while he was ill. You should be fine!!

I hope so, im soo panicy now!!

Scared to go and see him this evening, but his feeling 100% as if nothing happened, had d* but had medication for that anyway.

Just remember to not stick you fingers in your mouth, nose and eyes, don't eat anything he has made, wash your hand before you eat and after you use the potty you will be fine. My husband had the actual bug in March and I came out clear! We only have one bathroom too!

Im not actually at his, I was only at his the day before yesterday.

He got sick yesterday morning so I didnt go round, but caught I have caught something the day before, before he was showing symptoms?

I'm certain it was from the meds that he took. You can't catch it, and if he wasn't sick or showing symptoms when you were with him, you're in the clear!

You are a good friend for being there for him. Best wishes to both of you. So sorry to hear that stuff is bad for/with him. I hope he gets better and things improve.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

Doesn't sound like a virus, but if you REALLY want to be a true friend, you will get him some real help and call someone. Next time, he might not be in a position to call you and the pills might just work. Sounds like he is screaming for help

He sees a cpn ever week and has access to a crisis team. Not much else I can do, Im with him nearly all the time, I myself have just been diagnosed with bpd myself