Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What are you afraid of?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being ill yourself

21 43.75%
  • Others being ill

5 10.42%
  • Both

22 45.83%
  • Nothing.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default What are you scared of??

I am new here and just wondered what people are afraid of?
    Are you afraid of youself being ill?
    Or other people? (not from the contagious point of view, just in general i.e drunks)
    Or both?

I am afraid of both. Used to just be other people but since becoming an Adult it has been both I often feel like a freak and very alone. I hate it.
    I am 26 and been an emet since I was about 5.

Default Re: What are you scared of??

Michg, I am afraid of puking myself. I only worry about others if they are contagious. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Michg, my emet is about me getting sick. Other people vomiting doesn't bother me as long as I know they're not contagious.

Mine started as both, but now it's a mild fear of others. I can hear it and hear about it, but I don't want to see it happening!

You may find these links helpful!

Definitely myself. Other people doing it doesn't bother me so long as I don't have to see, hear, or be exposed to it in any way

I don't mind it too much if it's me doing it. Of course I don't LIKE it, but I'm not afraid. When it's others, I cannot deal with it.
    Come visit my history blog:

Myself. Of course, being around people who are ill and contagious doesn't thrill me either.

Myself mostly, i used to just be afraid of other people doing it but ive gotten a lot better about it. I wish it could be the other way around though

Myself... I, like a lot of people have said, am mostly afraid of others if they're contagious. As I write this, however, I wonder why it bothers me so bad when I see someone on the side of the road being sick or somewhere else far away from me... Hmmm... I guess I am really afraid of it all the way around, but ESPECIALLY if it's me

When I see somebody else puke, I immediately attempt to rule out any possibilities of any virus. I'f I get sick, the world burns with the ardor of my ire

Myself. I'm scared of others having it if I know its contagious, but again, that's just because I fear getting it myself.

Weirdly, my new next door neighbour has emetophobia too! They moved in a few months ago, and I cant remember how, but my mum ended up finding out that she (new neighbour) had emetophobia also. I was going to make a thread about it, but seeing as its similar to this, i'll just post it here.

She came over the other day to see me and my mum and we got talking about it. We could both relate to each other so well and it was so weird to physically talk to someone else who suffers with it. However, she was saying that although she slightly worries about getting ill herself, if she was to be ill with a SV she would be ok and that it doesnt bother her too much. She worries more about her children and family getting it. She even said she could easily clear up the S!

i'm ok with others being sick if i know for sure its not contaigous (e.g; migraines, car sickness), but am absoulutely pertrified of being sick myself. problem is with all my stomach conditions, my body often tries to vomit, which is really really scary.

Mine started as others being ill when I was little, then became both, and now it is myself. I'm only scared of others being ill if I can catch something off of them. Drunk vomit or vomit from a medication doesn't bother me (I mean, it's icky, but no more so to me than to non emets).
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I`m most afraid of myself getting ill, but if I was in a situation where someone else was ill, & I was trapped, say in a lift, I`d be terrified.

My emet is definitely about both.

I am new here too! im so confused i don't even understand how to post a thread... i have so much to talk about lol can someone help me?

and i am scared of V* myself.. although seeing it and hearing about it gives me anxiety too.

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    Mine started as both, but now it's a mild fear of others. I can hear it and hear about it, but I don't want to see it happening!
    Same here! But I must add smell, as well, as something I hate. Smell of the stuff itself AND the smell of that minty sawdust. Ugh....

Both. Although, I'm far more terrified of myself getting sick.

I don't mind when I'm sick. I cannot look at the toilet but when it's other people that's when I get anxious. I cannot see, hear or be near someone that's sick. Contagious or not.