Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help so scared!!

I have ibs but usually only when ive eaten too much/too much rubbish or I'm really scared about something but tonight ive just had d and I've barely eaten much/only eaten healthy today and not been nervous! I'm so scared its a bug and I'll be sick! I really can't cope!!! I started taking citalopram 4 days ago for depression/anxiety that's mostly to do with emetophobia and I'm also taking Cocodamol daily that the doctor prescribed me to do for stomach a he I get every day! I'm sosoososo scared as to why I had d tonight! It must be a bug! I also hav buccastem for feeling sick which sometimes keeps my mind at ease with emet so I've had one just now but if I'm sick I will kill myself! I can't have a bug! Please help me! What's wrong with me??

Default Re: Please help so scared!!

Could it be all the medication I'm taking (and that I've only started these anti depressants a few days ago) I'm currently taking daily... Two pills a day for epilepsy (keppra), one citalopram, 2 or 3 cocodamols a day, and a buccastem anti sickness tablet most nights! Could it be that? The Cocodamol and citalopram are new to my daily intake but if it was an effect from my citalopram wouldn't it have occurred on day 1? I'm so worried its a bug I'm just trying to think of alternatives of what it could be please help

I realllllly don't think it's a bug.....It could definitely be from the meds. If you just started taking the antidepr. then that could do it. It doesnt' have to start on the first day. Take it easy, eat some binding foods that you are comfortable with, maybe take a hot bath (works for me). You're o.k.!

Thank you so much! Another thing is, last week I was on NONE of these meds (I'd run out of anti sickness tablets and had stopped taking my epilepsy tablets) its just this week I've been on so many pills, obvs coz I've just started the anti depressants and Cocodamol and I had an epileptic fit 2 nights ago and restarted my epilepsy medication then... So all in all I've gone from nothing to EVERYTHING! I feel reasonably ok, I've only had d once, my panic is the worst thing though but as long as it is definitely the pills or anything BUT a bug I will be ok! Ahhhh! sorry I'm so panicky btw!

Hi jsb, Are you ok now? It really sounds as though it could be a combo of IBS and lots of meds. The sucky thing With IBS, sometimes it doesn't matter if youve eaten healthy or a bunch of junk; you can still have an attack for no particular reason. I never know what's going to set mine off.
    The same thing kinda happened to me last night-woke up about 3am with a rumbly belly and sorta d*. It scared the crap outa me (no pun intended)but was ok when I woke up this morning, except pretty gassy.
    Try to calm your nerves by reading a funny website or a good show that you can distract yourself with. You are going to be just fine-take care Hun!

Thank you for your Post! I haven't been again since when I first posted this, If It was a bug would it have happened again by now/been sick? Ibs combined with emetophobia is so annoying because it's basically a vicious cycle! I will feel sick because of ibs and then the nerves will trigger ibs! I was extra scared tonight coz of the randomness of it when I usually know when it will happen! I'm glad you're feeling better after last night! I just hope this is the end of it for me tonight now it's been an hour and a half!

Yes, if you had some type of SV, I expect you would have had the d again by now, especially if it's been over 90 minutes since you last did. I agree, it's so scary when it just randomly happens like that for no apparent rhyme or reason, then the vicious cycle only compounds it.
    I hope by the time you get this post you have had some good rest and are feeling better. It's quite late where you are at

Thank you! I didn't have it again and slept well and I haven't had it all day either but I'm so off food! I'm not at all hungry and the thought of eating makes my tummy feel funny! I had half a slice of dry bread with my tablet this morning anyway and have just forced myself to eat 2 Jaffa cakes just to see if maybe once I tasted something it would help but my tummy just feels ... Weird! And I'm worried it's a bug and last night was just the start! So scared of being sick!!!

IT is definately all the meds hitting your system. But, don't stop taking them, your body will adjust within a few days.