Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Semi Panic Post:(

Last night i went out to eat with a friend, and the rice bowl i ate made me feel anxious from my first bite. (I am trying to push myself out of my comfort zone with foods). I went to bed late, but with no trouble thinking there was nothing to worry about, to wake up at 6AM very anxious. No one in my house is awake to keep me distracted and none of my friends that know about my phobia would be up at this time. I feel chills and nauseated. I cant tell if this is all in my head or reality?! Ugh i hope this isn't an all day episode. Maybe i am not ready for restaurant foods yet

Default Re: Semi Panic Post:(

okay scratch that i am panicking ugh. i dont know if i should wake up my dad or not:/ i just want this to end before it even begins. Plus if i really do get sick i cant go to the hospital because now my family doesn't have medical insurance which makes me more worried!

If you get sick you probably wouldn't need to go to the hospital. SV* or FP* usually doesn't involve a trip to the ER unless you allow yourself to become dehydrated and even sicker. Sounds like it may just be anxiety, not a virus ... just try not to think about it, distract yourself, watch TV, play online, get off this site because reading other people's panic posts are going to make it worse (no offense to this site!!!)

Stop focusing on your stomach, I know it's hard to do but if you can do it it really helps. Listen to your breath, focus on your feet touching the ground, or watch a funny TV show or movie. I just started watching the show Modern Family, it's really funny. Maybe give it a try

Thanks everyone! I went to sleep and now i feel fine! lol all in my head! woohoo!