Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I need help.

Default I need help.

So, I'm going to a concert tonight. I'm seeing Radiohead, pretty much my all time favorite band.

But right now, I'm kind of freaking out a little. I'm afraid of being sick, or seeing someone being sick, or anything like that. And last time I was at a concert, I dry-heaved in the car on the way home.

I'm not sick now, or any sickness I've been feeling is anxiety related. But someone I know was sick yesterday, and someone else I know was feeling sick today. And I've come in close contact with both of them.

Also, someone who's friends with the two people who were/are sick has a stomach bug or something. And I'm worried that they got his bug, and they're gonna spread it to me.

I'm planning on taking ginger candies with me, but is there anything else that'll help me get through tonight and enjoy the concert?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: I need help.

What made you dry heave on the way home last time? Were you truly sick? Try and relax and enjoy the concert, I'd love to see Radiohead! Stay hydrated as best you can, don't know where you are but it's pretty hot here! Eat small meals, drink slowly (if you drink at all) and wash your hands. As far as the person who was sick yesterday, I think you would be showing symptoms by now if you had caught it. Deep breaths, you'll be fine!

Default Re: I need help.

I went to Def Leppard concert last summer and had a BLAST! Go and have fun! Just realize that is anyone gets sick at a concert it is prob due to over drinking. About 10 years ago my friend talked me into going to a Jimmy Buffet concert (Im not a big fan of his) They were selling margarhitas everywhere (cause its Jimmy Buffet Margarataville) Let me tell you, people were slamming those down and there were people sick everywhere The drinks were REALLY strong. The guy behind me puked all over my seat while I was in the bathroom. I actually kind of laughed at the whole thing. After that ive beem to numerous concerts and nothing like that happened. Have fun!!!!!