Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Does crushing and snorting pills work faster?

Particularly Promethazine and other Anti-Emetics. I don't want to do it for nothing, but I will try if I sat nauseated for the next 30 minutes. Unless the Cons outweigh the Pros, I will crush them.

Default Re: Does crushing and snorting pills work faster?

I don't think it will make a difference. Some pills are made to be absorbed by the lining of your stomach and/or intestines so crushing them and snorting them could actually lower their effects.... don't know if that applies to your medicine or not, though. Check into getting some orally disintegrating tablets (I have Zofran) the dissolve in seconds under the tongue and work wonders!

I wish I can have those but my health insurance doesn't cover them ._."

Oh that really sucks. Save up for them, ha!

Oh, but on that note.... I was talking to my pharmacist the other day and he was saying that the price of generic Zofran has gone down drastically very recently. Also, I once heard a rumor that they may make it OTC in coming years. An emets dream come true.

If it becomes OTC, I'll have thousands of pills. And in MA, Zofran costs 40$ for 3 pills I think.

My husband and I both have prescriptions for it and when I went to refill his last bottle Walgreen told me they had dropped his insurance and would sell me 60 pills for $200. That's a whole heckofalot better than $40 for 3, ouch! How ya feeling?

I get the generic version... 20 pills for $10.

the generic version here costs over $100 for 20 pills!! but I buy em anyways Cuz I'm crazy!! on the snorting the pills thing...snorting things can trigger the gag reflex...because when you snort it, it can go to the back of your throat... I suggest taking them how you're suppose to!!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I really dont think that snorting anything is a good idea. I think the fastest and most effective way to get a pill into your system is to let it dissolve under your tongue. If you can stand it you can even dissolve a regular pill under your tongue. I accidently dissolved a promethazine tablet in my mouth because i was waiting for someone to bring me water. It sure seemed to work faster. Regardless of how you do it, normally even if you take a tablet it will work within 30 minutes so rather than sit and wait another 30 minutes contemplating snorting the pill go ahead and take it. Get it into your system and stop suffering sooner.

I wonder why the prices are so off. I also wish my doctor would place me on 25mg, instead of 12.5mg. About snorting. I can see how it can make you gag, which is why I didn't try it. Under the tongue, interesting. I have also read a document stating tabs, not pills, can be flashed before ingesting them to speed up the effects. I'll be flashing every pill I have from now on.

And Promethazine tastes kinda like that pink antibiotic, amoxi-whatever lol.

I used to snort pills when I was in high school. It did definitely make me almost gag, often I did gag because it would drip to the back of your throat. I wouldn't recommend it.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yes, that doesn't sound fun xD I wonder why certain forms cost so much. Pills cost more than dissolve tabs, inhalers, and pads. It doesn't make sense.

I would highly suggest taking it as directed. The irony is that you're willing to misuse a pill to avoid the extremely low-nonexistant possibility of getting sick when the alternative could make you sick and feel worse.

Well, I can deal with anything besides vomiting xD

I get the dissolving Zofran tabs in generic. It is $10 for 20 pills, HOWEVER, I do have med/presciption insurance, so that it prob why it is so cheap for me.

The fastest route of delivery is intravenously. I don't want to comment on this actual audacity of this question because I don't want to be hit with the banhammer

I am going to agree with all posters on this thread that you should take as directed.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, I've looked up on it and, while I don't care about the effects to my sinus, it would only string an anxiety in my mind. (Bad grammar, I'm sorry) Would snorting it even make it work faster?

Why would snorting it make it work faster? It goes down your esophogus and into your stomach. I have never been able to swallow pills. I chew all my pills, and I do know that while it takes about half hour to 45 minutes for stuff to work on people, I usually start feeling effects of whatever I take within five to ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MarrickFait View Post
    Yes, I've looked up on it and, while I don't care about the effects to my sinus, it would only string an anxiety in my mind. (Bad grammar, I'm sorry) Would snorting it even make it work faster?
    I really doubt it. Anti-Emetics work on the digestive system, so why would it be more effective to have it absorbed into the mucous membranes of your nose instead of the stomach? There is also the risk of having in enter your lungs and cause more severe problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I really doubt it. Anti-Emetics work on the digestive system, so why would it be more effective to have it absorbed into the mucous membranes of your nose instead of the stomach? There is also the risk of having in enter your lungs and cause more severe problems.
    You're correct. The reason it works to snort things like adderall, coke, etc is that they are specifically targeted to affect your brain and snorting it gets it there quicker. For phenergan, which affects your digestive system, I would think that it might even take longer to work and be LESS effective cause you're not even putting it INTO the stomach, which you do when you swallow the pills.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Damn, okay lol. It just feels like if I were to take one when I'm nauseated, it wouldn't digest.

That's why I take two ginger pills along with it when I do take it. I figure it will help my digestive system work a little longer.

These pills cost more than cocaine! Screw that noise! lol