Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I feel so horrible!!!

Me and my husband went to get tattoos today. What was suppose to be a couple of hours was 6 hours. Didn't expect that. I felt ok but in pain an hungry. So we stopped at Carl's jr on the way home and got everyone something to eat. As soon as we pulled up my 12 year old comes screaming out of the house that my 7 year old hit his head and he's bleeding. We didn't rush too fast cuz he does this all the time over the tiniest things. My neighbor comes out and says he should be fine but we should get him checked out. We get in and look at his head and it was split open so my husband rushed him to the ER. I was a nervous reck being home. He kept texting me and let me talk to him and he sounded fine. But then he sent me a picture of his head and the cut was huge. They ended up giving him 6 staples. And he has a huge bump. While they were gone I threw myself in this nervouse worry cleaning spree. They came home and my husband said I needed to take my bandage off and wash the tattoo with soap and water. Twice I had to stop because I suddenly felt sick, dizzy, and I couldn't hear. I thought I was going to pass out twice. Now I'm just sick to my stomach. I know it's all nerves but I can't get it too pass.

Default Re: I feel so horrible!!!

I've always noticed that when my babies hurt or are unwell I feel like total poo. My nerves and anxiety take hold and don't let go until I know they're well again. I hope you're feeling better and your son is doing better too!

I feel a little better today, but I feel aweful when I think about my sons head. He has a big bump and 6-7 staples in his head. I guess my kids were playing with the yoga ball while we were gone, which they've been told numerous times that it's not a toy. But now my husband is talking Disneyland and I tell him we can't because of his head. So now I got to worry about that.

His head will be fine within a day or two. Trust me. I have had numerous head trauma as a child and even as an adult. Head wounds bleed badly...and if he didnt lose consciousness or vomit, then there is prob no concussion. (I assume they also took X rays at ER, correct?) He will be fine

His head will hurt for a few days. My son gashed his forhead open and ended up with stitches and a couple of years later he fell off the monkey bars right on the top of his head and he ended up with 6 staples. These slowed him down for about 4 days, and then he was back to normal. With the stitches, I was there holding him and after they were done they had to sit me down and put my head between my legs and put cold cloths on my neck... I was going down! I didn't even realize it because I was so worried about him. The set of Staples, I sat myself down as soon as they were done and asked for the cold cloths! I am glad he is ok!

I don't know what's going on. I thought it was stress over my son. But ever since I keep getting that dizzy pass out feeling. And of course i keep getting scared thinking I'm going to get sick. Like a few minutes ago I was laying on the couch and I felt some pains in my stomach so I sat up then got up and had this queasy faint feeling. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I keep thinking maybe it has to do with my tooth. I had it pulled two weeks ago and got a bad case of dry socket and the doctor put some kind of medicine in it but it came out and my mouth has been real sore. So I don't know. I wish I did. I'd feel a lot better.