Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help! Son is ving in the car!

So we are on our way home from our first family vacation ever. We drove to FL and went to Universal Studios and Disney. We stayed at the Nickelodeon resort, so we have been all kinds of public places. I was extremely vigilant with hand washing/sanitizing, but it obviously wasn't enough. We have been in the car driving all night (about 16 hours) and we had just entered St Louis, which is 3 hrs from our house and my son has v'ed twice in 20 min! And my poor daughter is sitting beside him. I'm terrified. And my husband, the driver is not sympathetic. He wants to keep driving. I made him pull over at a gas station and told him we are sitting here for a while, I'm not riding in the car with him like this. I have a friend who lives in FL and she said everytime she takes her kids to Disney World, they get the SV, so I was super careful! Why?!?

Default Re: Help! Son is ving in the car!

Is there any possible way he could be car sick

Maybe something he ate didn't agree with him.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know. He's never been carsick before. And he hadn't eaten in 15 hrs, and he had the same thing as 2 of his sisters. I am worried.

Honestly, sometimes kids just vomit. I have some little cousins who sometimes just get upset tummies and vomit. Also, I got carsick for the first time when I was 10 after having never been before, and having been on multiple 1000+ km car trips. Sometimes it can just be a freak thing.
    Come visit my history blog:

Thanks, he seems ok now. He ate a few Cheez it crackers. I gave him 2 benadryl too.

Oh, poor little man and poor you and daughter! I hope that you have made it home by now. I know it's awful right now, but thank goodness it was on the way home and not on the way THERE.

That really sucks! It could've been the lack of food? I always have to eat about an hour before I go on a car trip more than like a half hour, or else I get really nauseated. And the Nick Hotel hasn't gotten the greatest reviews for food, so it could've just been an upset stomach from that?

I'm glad he seems okay! (: I would've been freaking out if that happened to me. You seem to have handled it pretty well!

Awww, I'm so sorry he's not feeling well. How old is he? I never, ever got carsick as a small child, but once I got to be about six or so, I would get carsick even on short half hour trips to the beach! Now, I even suffer carsickness if I'm driving. The Benadryl was a good call. Always saves the day for me! Keep us posted as to how he's feeling. Hope the rest of your trip home is smooth!

An empty stomach is actually the worst thing for car sickness. IF my kids havent eaten in a long time they tend to feel carsick. It is do to the acid sloshing around in the stomach with nothing else

Thank you all. I think it was from the empty tummy/sleeping in a weird position all night while we were driving. I am so glad I had the benadryl, he said that they made him feel better almost immediately. He even read a little bit in the car and was ok. I hope he stays fine!