Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation I woke up nauseated

U'm sorry for so many panic posts... I just awoke and I'm awkwardly nauseated. I hate living like this. I'm taking my last 2 Promethazine pills. Why do I have to suffer... I just want it akk to end. No reason for me to be nauseated. I only had taken one of my Promethazine pills before sleep, that might be why. Nad things are running in my head. I'm thinking about admitting myself into the hospital. I won't eat anymore, I'm fed up with dealing with this.

Default Re: I woke up nauseated

I think going to the hospital might be a good idea, for peace of mind if nothing else. If you're truly sick they can give you powerful anti-emetics and if you're having debilitating anxiety they can help you with that too. Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes, if you feel like you need to go to hosptial because you cant eat and just want deal with it anymore, then please do it! IF you aren't eating, that very well could be the cause of your nausea. At least if you do to hospital you can speak with someone, they can rule out anything that may cause the nausea, and you may be able to get better control over it all. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

I decided against going to the hospital. They'd do the standard tests and they'd come up negative. They would think it's anxiety related and give me Ativan, which does NOTHING to me. Too much of a hassle to even go 4 miles without a car. I'll just, slow down on eating.

At least talk to your doctor. Let him/her know your concerns with how your feeling and what's been going through your mind to counter-act those feelings. He or she can change or adjust the medication if needed. If you're not feeling well, you should DO something about it or it won't change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had an appointment today with my psyche, he prescribed me seroquel. No. Hell. No.

How are you feeling now otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by MarrickFait View Post
    I had an appointment today with my psyche, he prescribed me seroquel. No. Hell. No.
    Did you talk to him about your concerns taking it?

I didn't really know what it was. He said it would help me sleep. Promethazine and Mirtazapine together barely saps my energy. I'm too young for all these meds. 22yrs old and am on an anti-psychotic and anti-depressant. *Twitch*

Oh and other than the usual low grade nausea, I'm, angry, but manageable

I'd give him a call and talk to him. He can really only help if he knows your concerns and such. Be completely open with him, perhaps show him some threads you've posted here that list your concerns.

O_O" If I were to do that, he'd file a 5150 or whatever it's called xD It's like he is trying to do more than I need without understanding both long term situations and really understanding what I want. Promethazine, Ranitidine and Mirtazapine all have withdrawals. Unless I take them forever, I'm screwed. Don't take this as I'm not open to your advice, more like there's little I can do. Snowball of death.

O_O" If I were to do that, he'd file a 5150 or whatever it's called xD It's like he is trying to do more than I need without understanding both long term situations and really understanding what I want. Promethazine, Ranitidine and Mirtazapine all have withdrawals. Unless I take them forever, I'm screwed. Don't take this as I'm not open to your advice, more like there's little I can do. Snowball of death.
    That's why you need to actually talk to him. If you hide things from your doctor he can't help you effectively. If you're asking for help or advice, make sure you actually want it first

You are right. If he fully understood that I only want my nausea to go away, he wouldn't give me the run around. However, he... doesn't strike me as the... more informative psych.

You are right. If he fully understood that I only want my nausea to go away, he wouldn't give me the run around. However, he... doesn't strike me as the... more informative psych.
    Maybe you should try to find another

You need to find a doctor you can open up honestly to, and WILL LISTEN!

You are right. All I want to say is, I want to see if my nausea is related to my somatoform disorder, or anxiety.