Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default My sister has a SV please help

My 5 year old sister has had stomach ache for 5 days but today started with really bad D my mum said its defo a bug and it's really acute D I'm so scared I can't cope please help! What if it's already in my system but I havent staryes with it yet?! I'm going to my bfs house for the week now coz I can't be here but I'm so scared I'll come down with it there! Please please please help me I want to die!!!!!

Default Re: My sister has a SV please help

Hi Jsb, I'm really sorry to hear your sister's not well. Honestly, I've never heard of a bug that was preceded by a 5-day stomachache; to my knowledge, the SV usually starts and ends within 24 hours or so. Plus, you didn't mention her V*ing, so it sounds like it could be something else. She's losing a lot of fluids from the D*; maybe google "oral rehydration solution" (it's a mixture of water, sugar, and salt) and give that recipe to your mum to prepare in case she is dehydrated.

Now, even if it was an SV, you're not guaranteed to get the bug just because your sister is sick because it's not airborne except in those few seconds when she's v*ing. So the rules of thumb would be: avoid being directly beside a person with an SV while they V, make sure the person washes their hands at least 10 seconds w/soap and water each time they use the bathroom, get your mum to use clorox to disinfect the toilet, door handles, and sink, and wash your hands for 10-15s before you touch food or your eyes/nose/mouth.

Hope your sister is feeling better and hope you get through this okay!