Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default in the hospital..about to be given terbutaline.please respond

I'm having contractions and they're about to give me terbutaline to stop them. I've been given it with all of my past pregnancies and its awful. Makes me very very shaky and hot...but most of all,it makes me nauseated...I have to take it because I've had preterm labor (at 28 weeks) with my last child..better safe than sorry..but I'm freaking out here....idk what to do. I'm all alone. I asked the nurse for zofran and asked her to stay in here with me for support for about ten minutes after she gives me the medicine...but I'm still very very scared. I hate taking medicine...I'm so scared it will make me vomit...even though it didn't before,it made me extremely nauseous..ugh. fml.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: in the hospital..about to be given terbutaline.please respond

You can do it! I know it's totally scary but you can definitely get through it! You weren't sick last time, try to keep that in mind. Can they give you something for the anxiety, or to help you fall asleep? I'm not sure what you can and can't have

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for replying I'm at home now...the terbutaline stopped the contractions and I actually didn't have any nausea at all...just feel really jittery and shaky still...its amazing how much anxiety effects everything...like makes it ten times worse...last time I had terbutaline,it was a HORRIBLE experience...but my anxiety was A LOT worse two years ago...I actually didn't get anything for anxiety either!! I even came home and ate a grilled chicken sandwich...my mind likes to play tricks on me,I guess.. I burst into tears when the nurse said I have to have terbutaline...I wasso csared..I got through it!! Point for me on the anxiety battle!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

glad all went well
    how i feel about emet

Well done! I know it was very hard but you did it. That's what courage is you know finding things hard and frightening but doing them anyway. You are having a very rough time right now, I hope very much it settles down for you soon so you can be more at peace and get some rest.