Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default starting to freak out....help! Please!

I have been trying not to panic lately and i think i have been doing pretty good.....but today there is a situation....i am about to lose it. The day before yesterday which would have been Tuesday for me here in Georgia started out ok but got progressively worse. I was going to go to the beach with my youngest. We stopped by walmart to see if they had an kid chairs cause my husband took his in the truck to work. On the way there i noticed that my stomach felt weak and that i felt like if i ate or drank anything i might not get it to go down. So i avoided food. Earlier in the morning i had the crusts off of my kids sandwich when i was making his lunch. Anyway, i went over to my friends house to borrow her sons chair. Before we got there i took some nat sulph which is a cell salt that use to calm my upset stomachs, it took away the feeling of not being able to swallow. My friend offered me tea and I just didnt feel like it so my son and i sat there at her house instead of going to the beach. I eventually came home around lunch time and had 2 bites of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. i felt worse and worse. I was beginning to think i had a virus. Then my husband came home around 2...yay!!!!! I had take some nux vomica and it had started to kick in so i was feeling a bit better. The nausea was coming in waves and i was cold and a little achy. So around 3 i decided to take a bath. That made me feel MUCH better. I was able to function the rest of the night. All was well the next morning (yesterday) except i was still a little queasy when it came to food. I went to lunch with my hubby and my friend. At first i was afraid to eat but then as i ate i felt better. I was fine most of the day. Then last night i was packing for a trip i have to take today. Its only 4 hours away to my moms. Not nervous about it at all. I started feeling a little heart burn. I thought that maybe it was that i had eaten a kind of early dinner. I also thought maybe i was coming down with my husbands cold. Sometimes colds hit me like that. a bit of heartburn and then full on chest and head cold. I woke up around 5 this morning when my husband got up and thought my stomach hurt and went back to sleep to make it stop. When i got up at 6 to wake my oldest for school i was fine. I laid back down cause i was tired and got my middle one up for school at 715. I made his lunch, ate the crusts off his bread like i always do. Then made myself some tea. I took 2 sips of tea and got pains in my stomach. I hate to go to the bathroom! I couldnt even walk my son to the bus stop. I had D. It was a crampy feeling. Then when i thought i was done i went into the living room put on a program on the television for my youngest and had to go again. It was a very little bit. Now my stomach is making a few noises...not sure if i will have to go again. Could this be a long virus? COuld it be the bologna from the crusts of my sons sandwich? should i take an antiemetic? am i going to be sick? I just dont want to V!!!!! Dont stomach viruses make you go more often? Would i have been sick by now? Its been 40 minutes since the D hit me. PLease someone help me before i freak out. I have this trip i have to take today...not looking forward to being sick in the car.

Default Re: starting to freak out....help! Please!

i just went again, about 10 minutes later. It was VERY little, but i can still feel it in my stomach.

i think you will be fine. ive had things like this before and been so scared that i was gonna v but i didnt. you deffinately would have by now. its probably just a little food disagreement and such, ive been having odd bowels all week! one of the easiest ways to tell if you have a virus is you wouldnt be able to eat AT ALL. and seeing that you have i think you will be fine. hope you feel better

Do you suffer with IBS? It could be just one of those random bouts of feeling unwell or unsettled which has no real cause. Could be hormones or any one of a hundred things which Im sure wouldve made you v* by now if you were going to. Hope the trip went well and you're feeling much better.

yes i do suffer from ibs but this is not one of those times unless it is starting to change. I am normally constipated for a long period of time 2 to 3 weeks. Then i will have 1 or 2 bouts of D and its over. This time the D wasnt the normal consistency of the IBS and I am having an issue with it today as well.
    What could be causing this? Can it be a virus? Should i be concerned that I am going to V? I havent yet and i have been able to stop the D with some Japanese medication. So i stopped it yesterday and was able to drive to my moms. Then today i made it until around 2pm after i ate lunch. I was in a healthfood store and all of a sudden i had to go. Iwent and it was D again. I came home to my moms and had more D. I was able to hold it for the 25 minutes from the store to my moms. and I wasnt rushing in there. I actually have to push to get it started. I know that may seem like TMI but if i want your opinions i gotta be honest right???? lol
    So what else could cause D for 2 days and nausea for 3 or 4? I am not really nauseated today. Just D.

taking back the not nauseated thing. I am a little. Could this get worse? Shouldnt i be on the mend if its a virus?i pray it wont get worse. I am so not wanting to feel any worse than i have since tuesday!
    yesterday was worse than today but i still have the D what is up with that????

It just means that everything is getting out of your system. I was feeling like the other day. I was terrified i was going to V* but it was only D* If you were going to V8 you would have done that by now. Just eat the blan diet. and drink lots of water. You will be fine and remember. breath, take slow deep breaths to help keep yourself calm. You will be alright.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

I really think you'd have v* by now if you were going to. It sounds like the medication stopped the d* but by the next day its effectiveness had run out & that combined with food just triggered another bout. Perhaps if its convenient you could just let the d* happen instead of taking meds for next 24 hours. I know its unpleasant but if its some kind of d* bug it might give it a chance to clear up. Im not saying for one minute that I think it is a bug - it could any one of a number of causes but a common one. I suffer with IBS, and that seems to change patterns every now & then. I can be constipated for weeks then for no reason I go regularly for several more weeks then back to constipated! What I eat doesnt seem to affect it it just flares up now & then. Keep hydrated & eat light snacks & bland food whilst this is going on. Hope things are better already.

Hey!!
    I'm sure you're fine now but just thought I'd pass on some info a nurse told me once which made me smile. If you were sick with a bacteria/virus you won't v* now because it's moved past your stomach already and it's in the bowel now.
    But having said that feom everything you said... I'm 10000% sure you will be fine!!! Just wanted to pass on.the info x

Thank you everyone. I did feel much better, But now i have an issue I am not sure if it is related or not. I have been having pain in my lower abdomen. Kind of like a gas pain in my ovary if that makes any sense. Having a bit of nausea with it. The pain and nausea come and go. Could this be residual of whatever i had going on the last few days? has anyone ever had this?

I think I had something similar before. My dad said that it could have been a cold virus going through my system or something....I really don't know if the cold virus can go to your stomach or not. I've heard people say that before but I really don't know how scientific that is. You mentioned your husband had a cold? Maybe it actually is true and it's just a cold virus running through your system. If it helps, I was fine within a few days.

I did fine yesterday. Went all day, no problems really. Then this evening my mom and i went out to eat, i had some of my fries and got full pretty fast. We came home and i have been a bit nauseated since. Then around 10p I had a bout of D, then again around 1030, and now i feel like i could go again! What the heck is going on with me? I was better and now i am not. I am still at my moms, been up late every night and getting up early but that has never done it before. I did drink a coke, i never drink sodas but that was the day before yesterday. Would it be affecting me today? I know i need to sleep, my sister and i were out til 4am this morning and i had to get up at 8. But i dont think thats the problem. I have been like this since Thurs with the D. Could i have reinfected myself with the V? I hope i dont get it worse the 2nd time around!
    I have heard of the cold thing going through your system like that as well and i thought maybe thats what was wrong with me but then why is it lasting this long? why am i having D again?
    If i didnt V when i first started the D do you think i will now? Its late and i am so tired but i am afraid to go to sleep cause i am afriad that i will wake up and have to V. I am so scared of waking up inthe middle of the night and need to V. Please someone help. I am starting to freak again