Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaking out! Daughter sick :(

Ok so last night my 9 year old woke up out of nowhere and v*. No d* or fever and she didn't do it again, but now I'm freaking out that my other daughter and/or myself might get sick. I'm not sure if she has a sv* or what, but will somebody please give me some advice before my anxiety gets the best of me and I end up rocking in a corner somewhere

Default Re: Freaking out! Daughter sick :(

sorry to hear about your daughter getting sick. I can understand how panicked you must be feeling. However it doesn't sound like a sv* to me. It's difficult to say exactly why she got sick, but she hasn't had d* or fever and it only happened once, I would doubt a sv*, I think if it were me and it was due to a sv* I would expect it to happen more than once, or that there would be other symptoms of a sv* such as d* or fever or even stomach pains. Could it have been something she ate that didn't agree? does she have a cough or cold or any other signs of illness? is it hot - could it be the effect of heat? If it only happened once and she is fine now I would not worry too much (easier said than done I know)how is she now?

It is hot, but she was clammy when it happened. She ate this morning and didn't you know. She hasn't had any other symptoms, I asked her (over and over) if she feels bad and she said no. Right now she's asleep, which of course threw me into another freakin panic attack thinking she's feeling bad. In my mind, I think it was just whatever she ate at my sisters, but my anxiety says different.

If it makes you feel any better my daughter was just sick this past Tuesday and I didn't get sick from it. Even if it is something like a SV it doesn't mean that you will get it too. Try to stay strong.

Thank you guys so much, it's just my anxiety stalking me. It's awful But thank you so much for helping me to feel better.

Must be the week for our daughters to be sick! Mine (she's 18)woke up and was getting ready for work Tuesday morning and got sick out of nowhere! I freaked out too, but she's done this before. When she has lots going on, or is extra- stressed about something and not getting enough rest she can get sick. By that evening I felt fairly confident she didn't have the SV, considering she went swimming later in the afternoon and had Mexican food for dinner .
    Some kids just v* more often than others-mine does it on average maybe 1 or 2 times a year (doesn't faze her in the least) and (knock wood) I've never v'd from anything she's had. A couple times I came down with d* but that's it. Not too bad for 18 years!
    You and your daughter and just fine!

I sure hope so, my niece is now sick so it got me worrying it was in fact a sv* Ughhhhhh