Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default panicing, new to site, need advice!

Im new to this site but need advice, i went to the doctors about 50 hours for a pain in my side, and while i was in the waiting room a girl (around 2) was asleep in her stroller, suddenly woke up and started coughing like mad, this went on for about 2 mins before she started ving voilently everywhere. She was right by the exit to the waiting room and i ran out of there, less than a foot from the girl, holding my breath as i passed her. Im so scared i might have breathed in v particles through my nose, can anyone help my anxiety?

Default Re: panicing, new to site, need advice!

Coughing a lot, especially in little kids, can cause them to vomit so I doubt that she had a stomach flu. I've coughed so hard I almost vomited from influenza. It's highly unlikely you would catch anything from being near her. While there have been some instances of particles being aerosolized, I've never actually met anyone who has caught it that way. My parents would stand right next to me while I was sick and they never caught it. Little kids sometimes throw up a lot from random non-illness related things. I had a toddler staying in my apartment this summer who threw up all the time because she just ate too quickly.

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but if it was 50 hours ago you're definitely safe. The bug shows up within 48 hours if you caught it.
    Last edited by person54321; 06-09-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Default Re: panicing, new to site, need advice!

It sounds like she v* from coughing rather than a sv*. Obviously I cant say for sure but when my daughter was very young she had childhood asthma and when it flared up she would sometimes v* from coughing. Sorry you had to experience that though it sounds very unpleasant.