Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I can feel my stomach doing flip flops. My stomach actually is upset, from a heavy, late dinner. I can feel extra saliva in my mouth. I am having difficulty getting my mind off my stomach and what's going on inside it, so I shall type here to help.

I feel that there is a threat, the threat of getting sick. I feel so much energy going through my system right now; I could lift a mountain. I am fidgiting. I feel as if I am preparing for something. I know what it is. Getting sick. My mind is preparing for it. I feel hot. My heart wants to jump out of my chest.

The Fearis a small green army, beating down at my door.It's mission is to consume me and bring me to my knees, both mentally and physically. I have so many thoughts racng through my head, it's like my brain is doing the Indy 500. Yet the more I think, the more troops Fear adds to it's army. "What if,...... what if,....what if,....what if I get sick?"

I can't stand getting sick. I hate it. I find it the most unpleasent feeling in the world. Yet the nausea is sitting right in the pit of my stomach. But what if I get sick? I am close to the bathroom, so I feel comfortable about that. But I just added a few more troops to Fear's army.

I have a choice to make. I can either choose to be consumed utterly by thefear, or I can fight Fear and it'sarmy with everything I have.

I choose to FIGHT.

(I will let you all know how I did, but right now, I need to go splash some cool water on my face and gather my army of Courage)
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Sparky, how are you doing now? I am right here if you need to call and you have my cell number. You have been through so much in the last month and I know that you are a strong person,you have been under so much stress. We know that stress can bring on so many different symptoms. Remember when we talked about the what if's?? How that questions rules usand how we have to talk our selves out of that way of thinking? You are having a panic attack, the heart pumping, the feeling hot and feeling sick. I hope you are feeling better as I type this, I could phone you right now but I will wait until later, last time I woke you up. Remember deep cleansing breaths. Gosh let me, us, know how you are doing now ok? I am here this morning until I think 10:30am I have a appt and not sure what time its at, I will email you if any different.

Rhonda[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Sparky, I hope that you are ok!!!!

Hehehehe, I won the battle. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]It was a hard fight, yet I won. But the war isn't over yet.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

I'm glad you're feeling better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin