Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy How to keep calm when everyone in your house has SV*

I am so terrified right now, how do I keep calm? What do i do?
    I keep using my antibacterial hand gel and drinking water, sucking on mints and taking antacids but i don't know what the hell im gonna do i'm freaking out so bad right now someone please please help me im so scared

Default Re: How to keep calm when everyone in your house has SV*

Just do your best to stay out of everybody's way, and practice good hygiene. Watch tv, go online, or maybe get out of the house if you can to distract yourself. It's hard, but you can do it. Just keep your mind busy with other things. Even cleaning, do laundry, clean out your dresser drawers, anything, if you are busy, you can't dwell on the negative thoughts. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: How to keep calm when everyone in your house has SV*

I know the feeling, I've always hated when sv*s went through my house. But in the past I never caught it from my family while being emetophobic. In fact, unless you're caring for the sick person I doubt very much you will get it. Keep your hands clean (use soap and water more than antibacterial gel) and if it makes you feel better, grab a can of lysol and spray everything down.

You'll be fine Just keep your mind off of it like artoo16 said.