Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A summer bug -- losing my mind!! Help!!!

So, I was talking to a friend of mine today who is sick. She's been sick with what she calls "the flu" and says she hasn't eaten in 3 days and has d* for three days, she tried eating something solid and said her stomach got really rumbly. She told me that everyone she knows or interacts with as gotta whatever this is. She said, some of them have v*ed and others hadnt. She hasn't v*d....but I am losing my mind.

I've been doing SO well lately, as summer time usually brings down my anxiety levels, but it is mid-June and here it is!! From my own unprofessional research, I've determined that it probably isn't Norwalk. She has two kids and a hubby and it is just her who has been ill, I figure, if it was Norwalk, it would have been transferred by now.

Anyway, I just need some reassurance. I am almost right back to where I was before, not wanting to leave the house and spending my entire night watching movies laying in bed...scared to go to sleep. I can't sleep because I fear that it might hit me overnight or something.

Another important fact, I haven't been near her in months. I am mostly just freaking that maybe it is going around again...and I live in a very very very small town.

Default Re: A summer bug -- losing my mind!! Help!!!

It does seem a bit extended to be norovirus, but I'm not a doctor...I can't really tell :/ But you haven't been around her in months, right? I doubt you'll get it from her or anyone else. You don't have to be afraid of going out and interacting. Just keep your hands away from your mouth and try and keep your hands clean. I'm sure you're going to be fine.

I'm sorry you're going through this though I hate it when I know something is going around