Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help! worried mum might get a sick bug

I've suffered with emetophobia for years now, I'm 18 and i'd say it started when i was around...8? Anyway, im new to this forum but i just decided i needed somewhere to vent and to hopefully talk to people who i know all suffer with the same thing.

I'm currently panicking because my mum came home from work today (she works in a nursery) and said she had to stay later because someone she works with has a sickness bug. I already know that one of the children there has one as well, so from what i can see, the bug is probably going round the nursery. Of course, i havent stopped thinking about it all night, and she now wishes she'd lied and made something up. I'm so so anxious that she now will get it, or may already be carrying it and im already trying to keep my distance. I'm so freaked out.

Default Re: help! worried mum might get a sick bug

These situations are awful. There's a good chance she won't catch it. Even if she does, it doesn't mean you will. Practice good hygiene, prepare your own food, and keep your distance. She'll probably be fine.

Is she okay?

I think this post may be a few days old but I just wanted to say I know exactly this sort of situation and it's NOT fun. But good hand hygiene helps protect people against it (not implying that people who catch it are unhygienic, just saying that it is a good method of defence). You can't catch it just by being in the same room as someone etc. I hope your mum was absolutely fine though and that you're able to relax a bit now xxx

sorry for the late reply, I went to reply a couple of days ago and the site was down.

anyway, luckily mum was fine and didnt catch anything (thank god!)
    However, I had awful anxiety the whole weekend which I can only imagine is because of this. Every pain or feeling I got I was overly analysing and was in constant panic mode. So so wish there was just a instant cure for this horrible life ruining fear