Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling really sick

I've been under a lot of stress lately. Me and my husband haven't been getting along. Well for awhile. But I just told him I want out. I can't take it anymore. Plus around 4 I started to get a headache and nothing will take it away. Plus haven't been eating cuz of stress. So that combination is making me feel really sick right now so I'm freaking out.

Default Re: Feeling really sick

Bless your heart - I have been in the same situation as you in the past and I know how rough you can feel - Exhausted and not eating and the stress play around with your tummy and can upset it - I very much doubt you will be sick but you need to try and eat something to keep your strength up - Emotional issues are terribly hard on our systems and I know my appetite is the first thing to go - When I went through this, I had friends who insisted I ate and infact once I did start eating properly again I felt a bit better - I do hope you are ok today and I am so sorry to hear about your probs with your husband - It will be a tough time but I promise you once you start making changes for the better you will also start to feel better - Good luck, I will be thinking of you xx

Thank you for your reply. I felt a little better today but I was extremely shaky. I talked to a lady who will be assisting me with my situation and she told me I'm shaking in fear of the unknown. Which makes sense. I don't know how all this will pan out. But she said once I go through each step I'll start feeling better because I know what will happen next. I'm still a little shaky but not as sick as I was last night. It was a nightmare.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this right now. I watched my mother go through this with my dad when I was a kid, and it took its toll on her for sure. She lost a bunch of weight and seemed exhausted all the time. I'm sure your symptoms are from stress and not taking good care of yourself. Make sure you are eating and sleeping well, try to exercise, spend time with loved ones, remind yourself that you can do this and you don't have to be strong all the time. It's ok to cry, to be angry, sometimes suppressing emotions can make us feel sick too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's taken it's toll on me. Everyone always comments on how tired I look. It's everything he's ever done to me, everything he's ever said, it's all mental abuse. I can't seem to do anything right. I know stress made me sick. But I did let my emotions run and that made me sick too. I'm a real passive person and I'm pretty much a push over for everyone. I'm trying to be strong. And I keep douting myself that I shouldn't leave but I'm so hurt by everything and I don't even feel comfortable in my own home.

Ok, today is a bad day. I woke up shaky again and tired. I made some coffee but then I got an IBS attack really bad and had to keep running to the bathroom. It went away for a little bit. But then my dad calls me and tells me how sick he is with chills, D and he feels like he's going to V but hasn't. And he can't eat or drink. He was here Wednesday and this is Friday. I didn't sanitize after he left which I usually do. So now I'm freaking out thinking I'm getting it too, plus I'm still stressed out. So I don't know if I'm getting what he has or my stress has my IBS in overdrive. I need help. I wish I could hide away from everything but I can't. I would if I didn't have kids but I do so it makes it so difficult. Normally I whine to my husband which doesn't usually help me but it's someone to talk to but we aren't talking because we hate eachother. And I can't call my dad because he's sick. I'm so scared.

Im really sorry to hear how much stress you're under. Please dont worry about catching something off you dad - he didnt get ill whilst at your home so you'll be fine. The stress of living under the same roof as someone you cant tolerate can be unbearable. Everyone should be able to feel happy & relaxed in their own home. Now you've decided to go your own way it is the first step to getting back in control of your own life.

I can still remember when I lived with my daughters father and how bad things became, stupidly I let this go on for far too long & so my home no longer felt like my refuge. I would take my young daughter & make sure I was out of the house for as long as possible. The strain of this affected my health & I lost so much weight that my mother worried about my health. As soon as I got him out of my house it felt like a weight had been lifted. Financially it was tough for a while but it also felt good to know I was providing a safe & happy home for me & my daughter.

Stress will definitely affect your IBS so all you can do is keep some sort of journal with details on when & how a flare up happens - this can help set your mind at ease at a later date when you feel ill & you can just look back at how you were feeling previously but didnt get sick.

Thank you. It's hard because I am going to have to do this on my own, because I have no one to help me. I know it will be hard without him when I do go, we've been together 9 years almost. But I know I'll feel a sense of relief when I'm no longer in his presence. I know he'll give me a hard time which I fear because it usually makes me stay. And I don't know why he wants me around we are both so unhappy. It's nice to hear you made it through. I hope I do, and not get trapped back here again going in circles.