Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry What exactly should I do?

I am 1,000% sick and tired of nausea. I'm only truly nauseated if I eat if my intestine are slowed, which would be every 3 days. Also if I exercise. Okay, I was extremely nauseated when I awoke today. I used the bathroom yesterday but not enough to compensate for 3-4 days. I ended up eating after I tested my stomach. I took 25mg promethazine an hour ago with remeron and zantac. I got hungry a few ago and ate honeycomb(Breakfast cereal) out of the box. My stomachs fukked right now. The point is, what do I do? 1.) I'm not eating ever again. 2.) I'm taking 25mg promethazine because I'm giving up. 3.) Why aren't the promethazine and remeron stopping my nausea? I'll live through it and feel embarrassed when I awake, but as of now, I refuse to eat.

Default Re: What exactly should I do?

Hi i dont know alot about anti emetics ive never taken them but are they causing your constipation? I would think if you stopped taking them and get your bowels back to normal you might not have as much nausea. Do you work? If not take a week at home and stop all the pills. You have to eat the CRAP diet. Cherry raisins apricots and prunes. That is what i give my son to get things moving. If you do work mayb you can take a few days off to do it. Good luck. Dont give up.
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell - oscar wilde

Promethazine is a pretty strong anti-emetic. If it isn't helping your nausea, it is probably caused by anxiety. It sounds like your stomach is a bit out of wack - do you eat a healthy diet?

CRAP diet XDDDDDDDDDD I'll try that out I guess xD And no, I don't eat healthy, but it's because healthy stuff costs too much

You know, I thought that too (and organic does cost a lot) but what I do now is buy frozen veggies and fruits. They're a lot cheaper and actually have more nutritional value than fruit thats been shipped, because they're flash frozen almost immediately after being picked. You can find a lot of cheap, healthy options at the regular grocery store!

Also, the CRAP diet is hilarious :P
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Oh man... veggies... I'll try them out... I guess xD Taste like stale water xD

I have been in your shoes with the pills, constipation and nausea. I keep telling myself if my nausea doesn't go away after I take my zofran, then I know that it is my anxiety causing it and I need to work on relaxing and calming down. I tell myself that I will not get sick as I have the zofran in me so I need to chill. I thought I was coming down with a stomach bug this winter, so I was pounding the zofran. Well, I ended having BAAAADDDD constipation from taking the zofran which in turn was making my stomach more upset! I find that if I am having problems with constipation, I drink plain tea with two sugars. About an hour later...I go! This just happened to me on Thursday. I hadn't gone since Saturday and I ate plenty to go!!! As for the healthy food being too much money, I truly know that feeling. I don't know where you are located, but I do my Birds Eye frozen veggies. I buy a bag for $1.25 at Walmart. They taste much better and I can stock up on them as they are cheaper than others. Good luck!!

When i first was told about the crap diet by my sons dr i laughed but ill tell you it works! I use more for me than him. A little dried fruit and bamm! Things are good lol
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell - oscar wilde

The CRAP diet made me laugh too. I have heard lots about the BRAT diet but never the CRAP diet. Thats too funny.

I think that if the antiemetics are not making your stomach feel better then it is most likely anxiety making you feel sick. I have a hard time telling the differance also.

Thank you guys for the help, I'll take all replies in consideration when I next foodshop ^^