Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Cone Biopsy

Default Cone Biopsy

Has anyone had one done did they make through ok? With no N?

Default Re: Cone Biopsy

Are you talking about the biopsy where they take a piece of your cervix?

i dont know what that is.

Yes, it's a more extensive cervical biopsy where they essentially take a cone-shaped wedge of tissue to examine under a microscope. They either put you under general anesthesia or do a spinal block or epidural.

I've never had one done but I have been under general anesthesia for another quick surgery like that, and I was totally fine When you go in to the hospital, if they are doing general you can tell them you are worried about vomiting and ask them to put an antiemetic into your IV. However, when I had my surgery I didn't do that, and I wasn't even nauseous! They woke me up and I was groggy, and they gave me some water and saltines and I was out of the hospital about 2 hours later. So I wouldn't worry!

I don't know anything about an epidural or cervical block, but since these don't even put you out at all I wouldn't worry about them either. Someone who's had the procedure would know more than me though.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I had it done a few years ago, I wasn't given general anesthesia or an epidural, it was done with local anesthesia injected into the cervix just before the procedure began. It was uncomfortable, but not horrible, and I did not feel n at all. I was pretty crampy for the next few days, and stayed home from work and took it easy, but really I could have gone in. I remember being very anxious about the whole thing, and then feeling silly for worrying when it was over. You'll do fine!

I had one done about ten years ago because of dysplasia on my cervix. They just gave me a local in my cervix. I didn't get nauseated. It was uncomfortable, like finlady wrote, and I was also crampy. It was over with in less than a minute. Just make sure you get up slowly off the table so you don't have a vaso reaction (which won't make you nauseated, just a little dizzy perhaps.) You'll be fine

oh good thank you for the comments I feel a little better about it. I had a leep done years ago and I made it through that with no n... so Im thinking this will be similar ... Thank you for the comments helps a lot! I cant wait to get it over with! Its next Thursday and I am a little freaked! I have so many challenges ahead with my phobia. I am planning on getting pregnant as my doctor told me its now or never I will need a hyster soon. I have always wanted one child but to scared of making it through with out v... This will be the ultimate challenge on my mind for sure glad I have this place for help and support!

Quote Originally Posted by jennjohnson18 View Post
    oh good thank you for the comments I feel a little better about it. I had a leep done years ago and I made it through that with no n... so Im thinking this will be similar ... Thank you for the comments helps a lot! I cant wait to get it over with! Its next Thursday and I am a little freaked! I have so many challenges ahead with my phobia. I am planning on getting pregnant as my doctor told me its now or never I will need a hyster soon. I have always wanted one child but to scared of making it through with out v... This will be the ultimate challenge on my mind for sure glad I have this place for help and support!
    If you had the leep, they took the cone biopsy. That's how they diagnose dysplasia It's the same exact procedure. You will be fine!

I had the same thing done!! Lol not gonna like it sucked! My sister had it done too and she said it was a piece of cake. For me as soon as he took the biopsy I had instant intense cramping. I'm also a big baby when it comes to pain! You'll be fine just take some Advil before the procedure it helps a little more! I have had this done like 3 times just relax the rest of the day!!

did you have iv sedation or general or local anesteshia?