Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Holding breath bad for you?

I was practicing holding my breath, trying to beat my record of 1:56. I tried over and over again. I only went 1:30. My head hurts, I've waves of extreme malaise and nausea, and my head burns on the inside if that makes sense. I have random dizzy spells and now I'm pretty nervous. I did it 2-3 hours ago. Is this an emergency? I hate it, I keep thinking about aneurysms and crap. I'm never holding my breath again.

Default Re: Holding breath bad for you?

Never heard anything of the sort. I used to try and hold my breath as long as possible when I was a kid, and I would feel a little weak and dizzy after, but I'm perfectly fine! If you are worried, I would call a nurse and ask her if she thinks this is an emergency or not. But I do think it's not related
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

*laughs* Yea, I think I'll do that. Gonna sound stupid but hey lol.

I decided not to call, and attempt to blame it on anxiety. Well, that didn't work. F my stomach, seriously.

What have you eaten recently? I'm sure there are many reasons you could be feeling that way, but I often feel how you are feeling when I eat junky food or foods that my body doesn't tolerate too well.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yea, I eat allot of junky foods but I'm usually well adapted to them. Head still hurts, little dizzy and nauseated. Nothing I can do, I'll give it another day.