Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Conception

Wink Conception

Im going to go for it! Im going to get pregnant.. August I will start trying.. I am going to fight all of my fears and do it! Im terrified.. LOL .. is anyone going to start the same journey? I will love to go through this with a buddy.. we can help each other and chat about are fears!

My first step is I am going to ask my gyno for some Zofran.. I have never taken an anti emetic.. but I want to have it on hand... just to be safe..
    2 .. I am going to get prego

3.. I am going to find a mid wife that will help me with my fears and find a hospital that lets me have a natural water birth.

So far I am staying positive and praying I make it through without v!

Default Re: Conception

I'll be your buddy :-)

We are trying now too but I'm more scared of what my anxiety will do while pregnant vs. morning sickness. I think I can handle the morning sickness (especially since I can get meds from my dr., all I have to do is make the call)

And congrats on choosing a natural water birth! I give you credit, I'll be asking for the epi long before I'm in labor

ok! I want a water birth because of the risk of v with the epi are you scared of that? You think you have a higher risk of v from the pain then the epi? I am scared of the anxiety also.. but I only get anxiety if I feel sick.. so.. it goes with it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jennjohnson18 View Post
    ok! I want a water birth because of the risk of v with the epi are you scared of that? You think you have a higher risk of v from the pain then the epi? I am scared of the anxiety also.. but I only get anxiety if I feel sick.. so.. it goes with it for me.
    I think the risk of v is higher in natural childbirth! A lot of women don't v, but I know a lot that did. My sister was one of them (from the sheer pain of the baby's position.) They can give you anti-emetics in your IV to help you. Why be a martyr if medicine is available to keep you out of pain and feeling okay? Good luck to you on your journey!

Yes. They can give you anti-n* meds in the epi. I would be more afraid of v* from the pain ... But you never know, our willpower is stronger than those not afraid of v*

I am glad that I am not alone with trying! My hubby and I are trying now too! I know how you feel when you just have to put off to the side the fear to be able to have a child! I give you a lot of credit for natural! I would like to spend some time in the tub, but epi all the way! Good luck you guys!!!!

Just wanted to say congrats to you ladies for making the choice to have a baby!! I am 28 weeks pregnant now. I was so scared when we started trying. It took about 5 months for me to get pregnant. I have not had an easy pregnancy so far. I have had lots of kidney stones and my panic and anxiety seems to be at its worst. I did have some morning sickness in the begining but I was able to get some meds from my Dr. and made it past that part vomit free. I have not been sick once.

A lot of woman make it through the whole pregnancy and never have a single problem, I am not one of those woman. LOL. I dont want to scare anyone but it has been hard for me. But I keep thinking only _ weeks left..... I am so proud of myself for making this choice to have a baby and going through everything thus far. It has been hard on my body but it will all be so worth it in the end!!