Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does anyone else freak out when a car is pulled over to the side of the road?

I'm just wondering if I'm crazy or it's a common emet thing... But I freak out & can literally feel the panic starting in my body when I see a car pulled off to the side of the road... I'm sure they must be sick! Granted, I have seen that before, so I know it's a possibility, but logically there are sooooo many other reasons people pull off the road when they're driving. It's just crazy how this phobia creates these mind associations that create actual, physical symptoms in us!

Default Re: Does anyone else freak out when a car is pulled over to the side of the road?

that is there first thought that pops into my head to..but it doesnt bother me as i drive passed and dont look so im non the wiser your not crazy...I once was driving through a 30 zone so couldnt speed of..i saw this car parked in a layby this bloke in a suid sitting in his car..he had his head in a paper white bag..hairs on the back of my neck stood up and i kind of shuddered eww lol..

Default Re: Does anyone else freak out when a car is pulled over to the side of the road?

Whenever I see a car on the side of road, that is the first thing that pops into my head and of course, what do I do? I LOOK! About half the time, I am correct (ugh) but I know that you are not alone with this one!

I get a little tense about it, but I don't panic, because I'm safe in my own car and already on my way past them. I've heard that many people with emet feel compelled to look to see what's happening, but I've never felt that way. I make sure to avoid looking so that I have nothing to obsess about once I've driven past.
    emetophobia shmemetophobia! -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nope I think the same thing....and I look too. I haven't seen anything but anything is possible.

i do the same exact thing, even if i see someone bending over on the sidewalk i think they are being sick.

It's always the first thing I think of when I see a car pulled over. I've never seen anyone actually sick on the side of the road though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

i feel that way too!! like i get all squishy when i drive by! before I really had this phobia, I was driving and saw a person pull off to V* but wasnt even stopped, and had his door open
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I think the same thing, I crank my neck until the car is out of view to see if that is really what is happening. I feel like I need to assure myself its not. I saw a girl once when I was stopped at a stop light roll down her window and v*. I was freaking out for a few days that I would get sick from that. I hate being an Emet