Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stomach feels heavy & Im n*

Woke up 20 mins before my alarm this morning with a headache & n*. Took some paracetamol & anti-emetic and went to work. It was only a 4hr shift so that wasnt too bad but still didnt feel great. Fell asleep for a couple of hours & woke up feeling hungry so cooked chicken breast, peas & potato with salad for us (me & daughter). Before Id got half way through eating my stomach felt odd but I was starving so finished it. Since then my stomach feels like its got a lead weight in it & I feel so uncomfortable. Im also getting waves of n* and I just dont feel right. Trying not to panic but its starting to overwhelm me

Default Re: Stomach feels heavy & Im n*

I'm suprised you ate, since you've taken an antiemetic for nausea previously. What antiemetic did you use? How much did you eat?

i often some times feel that way to but most of the times turns out tobe nothing..could be lots of things/ stress or just bad guts.i dont think you will v*

Why not eat after taking an antiemetic? I'd think that maybe your stomach was a bit upset, and it feels heavy because you've put a meal in it, which is good that you ate, being hungry can make a stomach upset that much worse. You'll be fine, I don't think that's gonna make you vomit
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"DarkWhy not eat after taking an antiemetic?" If you have taken an anti-emetic because you feel off, eating shouldn't be an option. Anti-emetics might stop nausea and vomiting, but no need to push it ^^ (Not a hit towards Op)

Eating should always be an option. Sometimes if you're nauseated, eating can help it. Today, I had a huge dance concert in which I was performing 12 items. I felt so sick before I went on for my third dance, but once I ate some bread and a piece of fruit, I felt 150% better. Well done to the OP for realising that eating was still important even though she wasn't feeling the best.
    Come visit my history blog:

As I feel n* to some degree most days if I didnt eat Id be in a bad way! I suffer with IBS and gastritis so by not eating this can sometimes make me feel worse. Obviously there are times when eating is out of the question but if I feel hungry I look at it as a positive thing. Before I was diagnosed a couple of years ago I decided it was safer not to eat a lot and for almost a year I mostly lived on dry bread & cherry tomatoes. This resulted in a large weight loss, fatigue & lightheadedness. I also became anaemic & had to take folic acid. I was not in a good place & dont want to go back there ever!

If I had a toothache, remedied with orajel, I'm not gonna eat taffy eh? Anyways, how can you feel like vomiting from not eating? Has to be false nausea. Anyways, how did you fare?

Quote Originally Posted by MarrickFait View Post
    Anyways, how can you feel like vomiting from not eating?
    LOL, ask any woman who is pregnant or been through pregnancy that question... they'll tell you

*laughs* Whelp, I guess I should count my blessings xD