Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I was doing so well and now I'm freaking out.

We are at my IL's for a family reunion this weekend. My 11 month old niece has been throwing up since last night. My kids had been playing with her a little and now I'm freaking out and scared they are going to get it. We are staying in our camper for the weekend and I just left with the girls to go hang out there for awhile. I told my oldest to make sure she is washing her hands, staying away from the baby and not playing with her toys.

I wish I could just pack them up and go home! My anxiety has sky rocketed after months of feeling awesome. I really want to just stay out of the house!

What do I do? Is there anything else I can do to make sure my kids don't get it?!

Default Re: I was doing so well and now I'm freaking out.

i would say hand washing and sanitizing any compromised surfaces. are they limiting her contact with everyone else or is she running around everywhere? well i think you are very brave for going back and you should be proud of yourself.

Was the little one out in the sun alot at the reunion? That could have been too much for her- I remember once when I was younger I played outside in the sun all day and v* all night from it. Plus, little ones can get sick for lots of reasons. but as bebzorg said, just keep washing your & your kids hands you should be very, very proud of yourself!

What kind of bathroom do you have in that camper, Heather? I would so want to get out of there. It isn't even your family, it's your husband's.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It does not necessarily have to be contagious.. i know many people that get sick for so many differnt reasons.. my friend in college V*'s almost everymorning if the room is too hot! it scares me to no end!!!!! but anyways.. just becuase the child was sick does not mean it was contagious! But your doing the right thing so far.. handwashing.. and maybe even try to clean the toys.. that could help alot! I feel for you though i would be feeling the same. Beset wishes! keep us updated!

Well I'm fairly certain it was the stomach virus. Our youngest woke up at 1am puking in the camper. My husband loaded her up and took her down to his parents house. She got sick a few more times and it's been about 4 hours since she was last sick. He wants me to come down there so he can get some more sleep and I really just want to stay far away. I hardly slept at all last night because the anxiety was so bad and every time I heard my older daughter moving around I was terrified that she was going to get sick too. I really want to just go home but I'm not sure I can do that without pissing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    What kind of bathroom do you have in that camper, Heather? I would so want to get out of there. It isn't even your family, it's your husband's.
    We don't have a bathroom in the camper. It's just a pop-up.

Oh my goodness im sso sorry to hear about this.. it sounds like a complete nightmare. Best is to stay far away as you can and keep hand washing.. keep us updated