Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Melatonin supplement causes nausea?

So I've been considering taking a melatonin supplement to help me sleep better at night.

I read that one of the side effects is nausea and vomiting, but my friend who takes it insists that it's never caused him any trouble.

Does anyone here have any personal experience with melatonin? Is it safe for us emetophobics?

Thanks.

Default Re: Melatonin supplement causes nausea?

I have taken melatonin for periods of time and have never felt nauseous from it at all. It really helps me to get my "sleeping rhythm" back when it's off (usually due to nighttime panic attacks, but that's another story-- one a lot of us know too much about . I personally think it's a great supplement and excellent alternative to narcotics / other sleeping Meds.

I have an super sensitive stomach and i take 5mg a night and i feel fine. Never had a problem and now i fall asleep easily.

I've taken it and it's never caused any nausea for me at all. It's good stuff!

Just because it's listed, doesn't mean it will happen, however, I never take certain things listing vomiting xD Pot. Kettle. Black.

I take 3mg every night, and my bf takes 6mg every night (we're high-stress people and can't get our brains to shut off at night!) and we have never, ever experienced nausea or vomitting from it. In fact, if I'm nauseated because of anxiety, it takes it right away. LOVE IT...and you don't feel hungover the next day like with some sleep aids

I love melatonin! Let's me get sleep! I used to take ambien, but that stuff is hell when you quit taking t. I ave experienced no nausea from it,