Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Throat feeling swollen?

Yes uhmm my throat is pretty tight, or at least that's how it feels. It happened after, 40 minutes after I ate. It can't be the food, I have eaten that before. I thought of anxiety but I'm, or I wasn't, anxious. My stomach feels kinda alright, but my throats making me feel gaggy. I fucking apparently can't eat anything ._." (Sorry for so many posts)

Default Re: Throat feeling swollen?

definitely sounds like anxiety.......i don't always feel anxious when my anxiety acts up.....so i'm pretty sure that's what it is.....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wait, you can be anxious without feeling anxiety? I don't get it xD

Your brain/body is anxious, even though your mind is not. Instinct I guess. I get it sometimes too.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That happens to me too. It really sucks! Lay down for a minute and just breathe, or do something to distract yourself, like watch a movie. It will pass soon! I feel sick after I eat almost every day, but it's just how my IBS deals with food going in the stomach.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i can have anxiety when everything in my world is perfect.......can come out of nowhere and i may not even feel anxious about anything......hard to explain.....but that's why i'm always amazed when people can say "it's not anxiety"........
    how i feel about emet

That's not fair lol. I wish my body'd just tell me somethings like dehydration, anxiety and stuff. IBS? Did you get it from stress?

Tightness in your throat is sometimes a symptom of acid reflux- I bet thats what it is since your not anxious and you just ate. Zantac really helps or mylanta.

^You're right! I totally forgot! Potato chips give me indigestion and I ate allot that day!

I got IBS and acid reflux after I got noro a little over 2 years ago, and it gets worse with stress. Puppydog is right though, acid can do that to ya. Usually I just ride it out.

So it was stress that gave you them? That's not fair ehy?

I dunno. Those things can just be triggers I guess. Stress really upsets the digestive system.