Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do you think its safe yet?

So i posted a long story last night but im going to shorten it up.

Little sisters friend slept over wendsday night and V*ed at my house (wonderful i know). Turns out the girls whole family had the SV that week WHY would you allow your child to sleep at someones house when the whole family was sick WITH NO WARNING! so angry... anyways,

I stayed away because i knew what was to come.
    Not suprisingly... little sister V*ed all friday night into Saturday. (extreamly sick)
    Mom felt tired and weak on Saturday.. never V*ed though and her stomach never even hurt her... (mild case?)
    Dad was sick saturday night into Sunday...(only V*ed once)
    I have avoided all contact with my family and the upstairs since Wendsday night when it all started...

I feel that my family dosent quite understand my fear and they are starting to take it personaly Im 19 by the way, They want me to eat dinner with them again.. and go upstaris and stop avoiding everyone and everything.. They keep saying were all better now they DO NOT undersatand that they still can spread the bug...

Do you think i should wait a little longer? or do you think im okay to go upstairs and be around them as long as i wash my hands and everything? i mean i worked so hard avoiding it this far i dont want to just blow it!

thanks everyone

Default Re: Do you think its safe yet?

I avoid as much as possible for as long as I can. You don't have to avoid them specifically. I'd just avoid food that has been handled by them and be cautious of bathrooms and other common things that touched. You never know which bug it is, and you never really know exactly how long they are shedding the illness. Like I tell everyone when I avoid them just because they feel better doesn't mean they are better. Wash your hands like crazy. Better safe than sorry.
    Good luck. I'm sure you'll be fine.