Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I feel like I DID have the SV, but I'm really not sure...

I was extremely n* yesterday, and I had d*, but the rest of my family, except my dad, had v*. Do you think it may have been just a coincidence? I did feel pretty weak and sick, but is it possible that I just didn't have it as bad as them? I'm still sort of afraid that it was something else...

Default Re: I feel like I DID have the SV, but I'm really not sure...

Yes, you might have had the stomach virus. You don't always vomit with a stomach virus. In fact, diarrhea is the most usual symptom. Anyway, you are emet and emets don't puke much, so if an emet and a non-emet both got the same virus, no one should be surprised that the emet only had diarrhea while the non-emet did the tummy toss.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It sounds like you did! but hey at least its over with its probally better that you did..

I questioned myself about it the same way the last two times I had it. Dec 2007, I threw up only once, and probably only because I stupidly forced myself to eat while still not feeling well and then again last December when thank God, and my strong will and teh use of antiemetics, I didn't v* at all and really wasn't that close most of the time. These times were different from all the other anxious times in that I felt REAL sick overall (weak, hot/cold shifts, sweats, achy). Those things are a sign of an infection for me (v* causing or not).

I had this last year, a full day of horrible d* but no v* - I just kept popping probiotics through-out the day to help with the d* ... wasn't really that n* but was eating "safe" foods on the BRAT diet. I eventually went to the ER that night because I was so scared about the d* and how it wasn't getting any better but they basically said the same thing ... so it's possible that is was you had.