Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Lady Issues (Worst Cramps Of My Life!)

Hey everyone! I used to get horrid cramps before I started birth control. I'd usually still be able to make it to school trough them.

I was recently put on the pill to straighten out my periods after steroids and depo screwed them up. I am havin my second period since the problem (was bleeding 24/7) and I have the worst cramps. I literally just woke up crying at 4AM. I have some nausea too, whic never happened before, but I think it's from the pain.

Ladies, how do I get rid I these cramps?! I need to sleep, medicine isn't working, nor is biofreeze. I'm going to microwave a towel and use it as a hot pack I think, but I can't deal with this all week. I work the next 4 days!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Lady Issues (Worst Cramps Of My Life!)

I'm sorry Bonnie i get horrid periods too with cramps that are bad and make me feel sick. I usually try to take ibuprofen and use a heating pad. Pamprin or midol never worked for me. I also try to stay cool because my temp goes up. I think your body is still adjusting. I don't know the secret to having zero cramps though (even though they say bc is the answer to diminish cramps) hang in there!

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain that sounds awful
    I get hideous low pains and back cramps-sometimes Thayer are so bad I barely get off the couch for the first day or two. Over the past couple of months I've been taking an OTC called Percogesic. All it is is a combo of acetominephen (sp?) and antihistamine. It doesnt get rid of the pain completely, but it helps to take the edge off so it's not near as bad. The only downside is that it makes me kind of sleepy.
    You might want to pick some up. I just got mine at Walgreens. Hope you feel better soon!

This isn't something that will help you for this cycle, but if you can, I'd recommend taking B6. I started taking 100mg of it in addition to a multivitamin every day, and after a few months, I stopped getting the horrible cramps I used to get that made me feel like writhing around on the floor.

Sorry you are in pain.
    emetophobia shmemetophobia! -

Sorry for the pain! I know how those pains can be! Horrible!

Try taking the supplement Evening Primrose Oil which I take which helps to maintain a 'healthy menstrual cycle'. I have recently began taking them again after I stopped and my cramps got real painful. Now my period feels better after taking this oil.
    I agree with the daily multivitamin which I also take. I suppose the vitamin can do more good than nothing.

If I get bad pains I take paracetemol which usually removes the pain.

Oh..also I read in a magazine once that eating bananas during/pre menstral cycle can help apparently!

Thank you for the tips everyone! I also got some suggestions PMed to me, so thank you for those as well. I'll definitely keep these all in mind!! I lucked out and had nearly no pain and no flow after 11AM today. Last night was so intense and horrible.

Sometimes I wonder why I can't donate my ovaries to somebody who can't have kids and wants them lol. I totally would!

You may find these links helpful!