Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hunger Pains!!!

Hybrid View

Default Hunger Pains!!!

Does anyone else mistake hunger pains for feeling sick? I often feel hunger pains and think that they are sick feelings... Then i don't want to eat but i force myself to anyway even if it's just something small. Anyone else feel this way? I have been trying to eat every few hours in order to keep those feeling at bay but i wake up at night (when i actually sleep) with crazy hunger pains and then it triggers my emet fear and anxiety.
    The main thing, is to keep the main thing, the main thing.

Default Re: Hunger Pains!!!

yes, I do and I hate it, I just wish I had the motivation that you do to actually make myself eat! I always get too scared!

I have the same problem with eating but i know that even if i get just a little food in me i will feel better but it sucks while doing it. I hate trying to force myself to eat... My anxiety burns so many calories that if i don't sustain some diet i will wither away to nothing...and that's not cool. When i get this way I try eating mellow, like toast or bread and butter. Tea totally helps with the hunger pains and i find that the moment i start to feel better i eat some more. Now, when i say eat some more, i'm not talking about full meals, just enough to make the hunger pains subside and get me into the comfort zone. Try some of this stuff and see if it works for you.
    The main thing, is to keep the main thing, the main thing.

I get that, though mine is a little different...I can tell the difference between being truly sick and feeling hunger pains.
    For myself feeling sick is a much heavier feeling, while for me hunger is much, much lighter, even though I know that I know that hunger pains can still make you feel sick as well.
    I would recommend trying to eat something light if you can't tell which one it is, while taking small sips of water here and there.

I have before but then I think I can't possibly v* because nothing is in my stomach so I calm down. This happened on a 3 day road trip. Just got back home last night. Stuck in a car for 3 days was terrible probably from the motion sickness feeling I had constantly so I never ate and lost weight as well. As soon as I got home I ate alot and felt fine. I make myself have n* most the time. It's always on my mind, it never leaves.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

rarely,but i've been through this a few times and it was late at night. I often eat cause i'm always hungry and those days i had dinner about 7 and that's early for me if i don't eat something later that evening. I woke up and didn't know what is it,i thought nausea and then i realized i was hungry! I was so relived. Then i drink milk,it always helps me when im too hungry but i dont want to eat (i cant afford eatimg in the middle of the night-i eat too much during the day xd). I didnt have that feeling since last year,but then i started drinking milk before going to sleep.

Oh yeah, every damn day. When I feel them, I usually get a medication named Frontal, to relax, and then I recognize that the pain is a hunger one.