Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

The children and I went to see my aunt on Sat. Then, this morning I called her (we were going back to her house this weekend) and she tells me that she has been sick. Of course I ask "With what?" She said that she woke up about 3 am Mon. night with stomach cramps and diarrhea. She said she felt like crap and had the stomach cramps and diarrhea the rest of that night and most of the day Tues. She said that she felt better today, but that she was weak. (She is 68 yrs old.) No one else has gotten it so far. Normally, I wouldnt worry about this, seeing as how she feel ill two days after we saw her, but, when we went out to eat Sat. night, our drinks got mixed up and I drank after her. So, now I am worried that I am going to get whatever she had. She is pretty sure it was a virus. I am also wondering if it was just one of those sv's where you just have diarrhea, or if because it stuck during the night, the germs were out of her stomach and that is why she just had diarrhea and not vomiting. Im scared that if I got it , that it would get sick whilst the germs are still in my stomach and that I will have v'ing too. Diarrhea I think I could handle. Do you guys think I should be worried about getting it or are we in the clear yet?

Another thing, my birthday is Fri. and I am so worried about something going wrong that will ruin any plans my hubby and my family have for me. Its bad enough that I am turning thirty on Fri. the 13th!!!!! CREEPY!!!!!! I even had the pleasure of turning 13 on Fri. the 13th!!!!

Just try really really hard not to think about it. Trust me when I saythat I know how trite that sounds, but it is really worth the try. You don't have to waste your life obsessing. Try to not think about it. Enjoy the beautiful spring weather!

Even if you do get sick. Like you said. She just had the poops, so maybe you will just get the poops also. Not to mention. People get stomach aches all the time, expecially older people. It doesn't mean that they are contagious.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hahahah the poops. I like that. I agree with shiva about old people getting sick all the time; anything and everything sets off their GI system. Besides... when people get old they start to care less and less about what they eat. My grandma keeps trying to serve us food like mac and cheese that expired last June! I wouldn't worry about it at all hun, I really doubt it's anything you'd have a chance of catching. Happy birthday!!! Go out and have a GREAT time, and don't worry about a thing!!!
    \"Do not worry about the future for it is not yet come. Live each day in the present and make it beautiful.\"
    Elizabeth

I think you are over 72 hours even from being around her aren't you? Even so, even if worse case scenerio it is asv and you somehow caught it, she is 86 yrs old and a non emet and didn't v* from it so you a young healthy emet would be even less likely to v* from it. It sounds like if it is a sv it's a squirts one. Hope this helps! Oh and early Happy Birthday!!!!!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Well, I know what you guys mean about older people and food. Another aunt of mine (who is in a nursing home now) has got FOUR freezers full of food that you probally wouldnt want to touch with a ten foot poll!!!! Anyway, my aunt that was sick ........ she talked to some other ladies that she as supposed to attend some big luncheon with yesterday and SEVEN of those women had the same thing she did. SO, I dont know if it was a virus, or if it was something she ate, or if it was just her age and it was just one of those things ...........

I so wish I didnt freak about this stuff.

With daily practice maybe we can hope that one day none of us will freak out about these things. It's hard, but you will get there. Did they all have the poops the night after the luncheon???!!! Geez.. that would be terrible! Giving a bunch of old people the trots! Is she feeling all better?
    \"This too shall pass\"

No, these ladies never made it to the luncheon, including my aunt, because the were all sick with the trots!!!!

Please dont worry, you will be OK..

And..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Kim