Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It gets better - the emetophobia addition

I don't come on this site anymore because of how much it intensified the fear, I hope you are all well and your emetophobia's not troubling you too much? I'd like you all to watch my youtube video which I made to share my story on emetophobia and to give suffers hope and that it does get better, thankyou, Rachael x

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=94Wag48Na8I
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: It gets better - the emetophobia addition

Hi, I watched your video and I am really comforted and reassured by the parallels I share with you! I'm 18, and like you, at my low point I isolated myself and couldn't not eat as I wat convinced that the food I just ate would definitely come up. I also am much better now but I do get bad moments if a situation scares me. I think it's great you have done a video, I think you're real brave and I know I wouldnt be able to do that! (bad social anxiety) also, I'm in England too but I didn't receive any therapy but instead I had regular sessions with a psychologist for free which really helped me because I just talked and it helped massively. I was referrered to the psychologist because I hit a real low point and doctors were involved etc. anyway, I dont think you need theapy because you seemed to have coped greatly on your own so well done!

I and others are always here when you hit a low point!

Hello there I recieved your email last night but I wanted to wait until I was properly awake and sitting at my computer to respond. Firstly, thankyou so much for the feedback!! I admit it made me happy that it helped you in some way. I'm sorry to hear that you've suffered the same, if not more the way that I did but I just want to remind you that you will get better! If you want to talk, my email is [email protected] and my twitter is @RaychCrockster I loved reading your response, thankyou again!
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you It makes me feel so much better when people like you understand! Before I found this site I thought I was a weirdo and the only person in the world with this fear so thank God for this site and people like you who share their experiences! Btw I followed you on twitter thanks and I'll add your email!!
    Last edited by Hay; 07-09-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Thank you It makes me feel so much better when people like you understand! Before I found this site I thought I was a weirdo and the only person in the world with this fear so thank God for this site and people like you who share their experiences! Btw I followed you on twitter thanks and I'll add your email!!
    Last edited by Hay; 07-09-2012 at 09:51 AM.

i admit, this site is fabulous for the first part when you need that bit of reassurence however its best to keep in mind that other peoples worries can rub off onto you or it can make you focus much more on the fear therefore overthinking it, thus worsening it. This site, when at the lowest, is so comforting, however, too comforting, it's important to be around people who are not afraid, to show you that the emotion of fear and what you fear are two seperate things, if that makes sense, that's just some advice i don't mean to bombard you, i just got rambling haha

Yes I totally agree with you, this site is reassuring but it sometimes scares me when I read graphic horror posts (which I cannot help but want to read!) which can fuel an anxiety attack. but I have definitely learnt a lot from other emets! (plus it makes me happy and less lonely by chatting to other people!!)